myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Worst Drivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They give more tickets now for using handheld devices in Maui than any other traffic offense. It's not just cells, looking for music in your IPod, playing video games, watching TV on your tablet all have been ticketed here.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the right will deny this--but in California the decline of driving ability is due to two things that stem from the efforts of Howard Jarvis (proposition 13). First, there is no longer driver's education as part of high school curriculum. My daughters got much poorer instruction from private firms than I got when I was 16.

Second, the constant cut backs in local government funding means fewer cops--the largest expense in most local governments. It means that people run stop signs and yak on their cell phones with impunity. Libertarians have assured that people have the liberty to kill school kids because of inattention. Not an exaggerations, happened to one of our school kids.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driving in the Bay Area and apparently Boston is sort of an aggressive sport for many, 80 mph everywhere bumper to bumper, never use the blinkers or someone will try to speed up to the spot you are trying to turn to so as to cut you off, random drivers teaming up to road rage someone driving too slow etc.. I think heavy traffic may be taking care of this now.
People from all over the world jammed into one area proving you cannot go from ox cart to automobile in one generation.
Hawaii is bad in a different way, tourists lost, looking at things, getting directions from someone in the back seat, I hang way back as so often they will suddenly do something completely unanticipated.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB, how dare you try to get back on topic after Katerunka's commercial spam!
Very Happy
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Florida is easily as bad as Boston. My least favorite stretch is I-95 Through Providence RI. Talk a combat driving!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: