myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Day of Silence
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, I think everyone here would like to see lobbyists boiled in oil. You have a fantasy that conservatives walk lock step with Bush and Dick Cheney. We don't. As a matter of fact, a flat tax would take care of most of the BS in Washington.
johnl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Mac, I think everyone here would like to see lobbyists boiled in oil. You have a fantasy that conservatives walk lock step with Bush and Dick Cheney. We don't. As a matter of fact, a flat tax would take care of most of the BS in Washington.

I actually think EVERYBODY should contribute to taxes no matter how much or little they make. So a flat tax rate with NO deductions would be nice. But it might put quite a few tax consultants out of work....
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard a black man called an Uncle Tom since childhood, until you brought it up fifty years later.
Do you call black people uncle toms? We don't.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
The knuckle draggers speak.
Now, NW, you POS.
All it took was giving you a little rope, you wrapped it around your necks and hung yourselves from a southern tree. .

It was just a simple question,,,,,,,,, holy crap.
I see mac hasn't stopped his insults. As smart as he thinks he is, you would think that he could make his point without it.
You seem to be of what you speak mac, a POS.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A flat tax. A fool's errand in every way. I thought you all knew that Isobars was crazy. So's Herman Cain. When something sounds too good to be true--it is.

Haven't you guys figured out yet that I respond to insulting comments with even more insulting responses? CB and GT and JohnL all figured it out without a road map. For a while I thought Bard had.

I started this thread in response to the fantasy that we are in a post-racial world in America, and the Republican party appeals to more than old white folks. The responses were predictable, and insensitive, and why the Republican Brand is dead in California, and will be dead in Texas and Arizona within 8 years. Your responses are the kind of insensitivity to the use of language, and the increase in poverty due to Republican policies, that are hastening the demise of the brand.

NW--if you want a thoughtful response, try making one.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still didn't answer the question, but that's okay, I only asked it in a rhetorical way, knowing you'd obfuscate, as you did.
That's all you've got,,,,,,,,,, oh, and racism, can't forget that one, it's a silver bullet.
Aaaah, did I say bullet? Damn I might be a clutcher!!!!!
I'm so going to hell.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chew on this righties:

Quote:
By Samuel P. Jacobs

WASHINGTON | Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49am EDT

(Reuters) - With the race between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama tightening, the Republican needs one group more than any other to drive him to the White House: white men.

For Romney, the support of white male voters offers the likeliest path to the presidency, even as betting on white men is proving an increasingly risky proposition for Republicans.

His reliance on that voter group becomes more acute as polls show him far behind with African-Americans, lagging badly among Hispanics, and at a disadvantage with women in many polls, despite overall poll numbers
showing him essentially tied with Obama in recent days.

Ninety percent of Republican voters were white in 2008, according to exit polls, while white women tend to be more evenly split between the two parties.

The bulwark of white male support is slowly eroding. For decades, each presidential election has offered a smaller pool of white voters. That puts pressure on Romney to secure a greater share than previous Republican presidential nominees of the shrinking proportion of the electorate made up by white men.

Adding to Romney's electoral challenge: white male voters are more conservative and describe their views in ways increasingly different from the rest of the population, according to Reuters/Ipsos polling. That trend stretches a candidate who must simultaneously retain his base and increase the diversity of his
supporters.

White male voters currently pose challenges for both campaigns. A smaller percentage of likely white male voters said it preferred Obama than voted for him in 2008. At the same time, a smaller percentage of white male voters also favors Romney than it did John McCain in his losing effort four years ago.

If Romney does not improve on McCain's performance among white men, the electorate's second largest voting demographic after white women, he will likely repeat McCain's fate, pollsters and demographers said. Obama faces similar odds: a huge dip in white male support could spell the end of his time in office.

Hmm, 90% of the Republican voters in 2008 were white. Do you think it is just possible that they are tone-deaf to insensitive language that is offensive to minorities, women, and the young? Ya think?
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-yo silver rides again!!!

Keep firing those silver bullets, maybe you hit something besides an empty jar of green tea. There are racists running out there amoung the bushes, watch out!
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
There are racists running out there amoung the bushes...

Do you really claim that the Bushes are racists, kemosabe? Jeb would disagree and has readjusted the voting machines to prove it. George doesn't know the word. And Neil.... well, Neil is probably planning another S&L heist.

OK, now for a mug of green tea while I listen to NPR.... Wink
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30 said:

Quote:
I'm so going to hell.

I dunno NW, are you making big money lying about global warming? If so...

Of course, if insensitivity to the meta-messages of your posts is a mortal sin, you better get your ass to confession.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: