myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st and 2nd Amendments under attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxdownhaul wrote:
fire arms that criminals will always be able to get hold of but they are not common and the weapons are usually a lower caliber without having hundreds of round readily on hand.Most armed robberies of convenience at retail stores involve knives or clubs, not hand guns.

Right there is the major difference between your country and the U.S.

Next is that I would never take a knife to a knife fight. That's silly, because the bad guy, being well practiced, will always win. I want (I may not get, but I WANT) the odds 100% in MY favor if I'm attacked. Fair fights are for old cowboy movies.
maxdownhaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my point Isobars. Get rid of the major difference and you wont feel that you need to be ready to defend your self at a moments notice. I don't.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxdownhaul,
I have to say as a Canadian I do admire the "if you don't like it here, then leave!" attitude your prime minister has taken with the whiners. In Canada we feel the need to make sure that everyone gets their little cry baby bottoms powdered daily at the expense of tax payers.

I love that your government already has a viable model in place that could only be improved upon but people don't even want to acknowledge it as having merit.

Some people just love to have a pissing match no matter how wet they get in the process.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxdownhaul wrote:
Exactly my point Isobars. Get rid of the major difference ...

If you have a way to achieve that, U.S. law enforcement would gladly pay you hundreds of millions of dollars for it.
maxdownhaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way and you don't have to pay anything. It is called gun control. You wont be able to achieved it in the near future though as from what I understand your elected representatives are too gutless to do anything.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxdownhaul wrote:
There is a way and you don't have to pay anything. It is called gun control. You wont be able to achieved it in the near future though as from what I understand your elected representatives are too gutless to do anything.

Our founding fathers had the guts to know that sooner or later, our elected officials would try to ban weapons. They've banned them in almost every country prior to facism or communism. Our founding fathers clearly knew just how depraved the powerful are and provided us with a methodology to eradicate them if necessary.

I'll admit that they couldn't have envisioned the depravity that liberalism has wrought on our society. Lack of class, morals, education, courtesy, Christian values and Croney Capitalism. From my perspective, the dream of our forefathers has been vandalized by welfare, drugs, moral poverty, and lack of personal responsibility. Sadly it may be justified to put us all in chains for our lack of will.
maxdownhaul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
maxdownhaul wrote:

Our founding fathers had the guts to know that sooner or later, our elected officials would try to ban weapons. They've banned them in almost every country prior to facism or communism. Our founding fathers clearly knew just how depraved the powerful are and provided us with a methodology to eradicate them if necessary.

I'll admit that they couldn't have envisioned the depravity that liberalism has wrought on our society. Lack of class, morals, education, courtesy, Christian values and Croney Capitalism. From my perspective, the dream of our forefathers has been vandalized by welfare, drugs, moral poverty, and lack of personal responsibility. Sadly it may be justified to put us all in chains for our lack of will.

Damn I wish we had founding fathers like that. Thanks for making me aware that my country has now fallen into facism / communism. Now I need to remove these chains.
No hang on, I just checked. None of these things has happened. Just what sort of society are you living in.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxdownhaul wrote:

What Bard said, plus how does legislation, even illegal (in violation of the Constitution) legislation, take guns from criminals?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the last 90 days alone the federal govt has added 6,603 new regulations. It continues.... But what our founders knew was that eventually even this country would fail its people. And just to make things more interesting, can you name a country in the entire history of mankind that didn't eventually fail to honor individual freedom? Or, that didn't collapse? Didn't kill innocent people?

People like you who blindly believe that we are somehow different than the Germans, Japanese, Russians, American Indians, Egyptians or any other ethnic group are crazy. Even your chosen one Obama is murdering women and children.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps we should join the Amish to make sure that nothing changes.
I love the fear mongering that always comes about in this topic. The big bad government is trying to beat you down. Really? The same government that hands out welfare cheques, makes sure no one gets their feelings hurt, and that all have equal rights regardless of how morally depraved, that government?

What has more weight, God's word or man's?
"thou shalt not kill or the right to bear arms?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: