myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Great deal, exactly 2 weeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnw44

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Great deal, exactly 2 weeks Reply with quote

Memorial weekend is (now, just less than) 2 weeks away !!

The resurrected Buzzards Bay Crossing will be Sat and Sun (May 25-26)... and will be a great value for everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budget packages and moderate pkgs. and deluxe pkgs. allow EVRYBODY to get in on the fun.

The organizers have done an awesome job, working to provide a fun weekend of racing and beach activities at Old Silver Beach on Cape Cod.

* Value-wise, staying 2 nights at the great looking Sea Crest Beach Hotel... which is right on the sailing beach... and is giving us a healthy discount (WHAT, and on Mem. Weekend?)... with included food AND all racing and associated activities... is a bargain!

* And if you don't want to stay 2 nights at the hotel, but "do want to enjoy" all the included gourmet food, and the new windsurfing movie Sat night, and other activities (like the Sun awards and munchies, beer, etc.) - then, there's a great deal for you!

* And for those locals that need to get home after sailing each day, and want to bring your own lunch... there's a ridiculously low entry fee for you as well !!!

It's best to sail both days, but there's even an option to register for only 1 day. (Hey, being a parent myself... and having a job... and a big family here in Seattle... I know how things can come up... and it's AWESOME that the organizers have included lots of flexibility, allowing almost every windsurfer to participate in this cool event.)

Anyway, I'm driving 6200 miles round trip from Seattle...and my only incentive to do this crazy stunt, is to sail with LOTS of windsurfers on Buzzards Bay. I will be driving straight there, arriving Fri afternoon (hopefully). I'll sail Sat and Sun (May 25-26). And I will drive straight back to Seattle, departing Cape Cod on Monday morning.

I'd love to see the Bay filled with all different kinds of windsurfing sails !!!

So, I hope everybody will get signed up. There will be ALL the popular types of windsurfing racing offered. But you don't need experience or fancy equipment. Personally, I've been windsurfing a long time, and have been involved in different areas of the sport. But skill wise... all I've ever done is flat water windsurfing... and I'm only an intermediate/advanced sailor (certainly NOT an expert)... and my gear is mostly all old recreational gear from the early 90's.

I'm just sayin' - don't let the word "race" fool you. Sure, there will probably be some very experienced racers there with state of the art gear. But... any gear appropriate to the typical winds, will work just fine. I usually finish near the back, of any "fun sport fleet" race I've ever done... but it's still a great time, I always learn new things and it's totally fun Smile

So grab whatever gear is in your garage, from longboards to wave boards, depending on the wind, they'll all work. Call your old windsurfing friends, and tell them to get out there!

Hey, the "race only fee" is such a bargain, that college kids can afford it. Parents can afford to have their teenagers participate. Frugal retired types can handle this !!

The organizers have said, that we'll do whatever courses will work the best, for the most people. There might be triangle course, up and down wind courses, a long distance event, slalom, freestyle, maybe even figure 8 courses. Pick and choose whatever race you want. I will try to do whatever I can... but I may also sit out some... you all can make this whatever you want it to be Smile

And... the social part will be fun. The more the merrier... we want lots of people there.
So... re-arrange your calendar, call your old buddies, dust off your old boards, bring the family... but get signed up.

All the details are here - http://www.boardliving.com/events/eventDetail/114

There's 2 places to scroll down for details... click tickets to see the huge menu of options, including the "race only option" at the bottom.
Wow, you even get a t-shirt (for THAT price?)... this is all getting better and better !!!

And, if you like reading one novel after another... you can review this whole thread, for how this event has evolved and grown (lots of good info... but really long, sorry Smile

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25877

If there's any questions, comments or suggestions... let's hear them.
For example, I've suggested that there be some sailing, or racing, or gear clinics. Those are always interesting and everybody always learns something. And it's a great way to spend time, if we're waiting for wind. There's always knowledgeable racers, team-riders, shop guys and sales reps who will volunteer to do these things.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting a ton of east coast and New England area windsurfer's. So, I hope you all can make it.

Greg Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: