myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our 'hands-off' POTUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
more so than the republicans, who seem to be only focused on themselves, i.e. the wealthiest Americans. Give to the rich, take from everyone else seems to me to be their mantra.

That's just ridiculous left wing talking points. The very foundation of Romney's campaign was not giving the rich one more cent. "Cut EVERYONE'S RATES, and close any loopholes the rich are using to keep their tax dollars constant while freeing up the middle class."

And, sorry to burst your bubble, but look who most of the "filthy" rich are: Hollywood, rock, and sports stars (all mostly democrats), Gates, Soros, Buffett, etc. And AFAIK, only righties favor the Fair Tax, which clobbers big spenders while sending checks to the poor.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

And, sorry to burst your bubble, but look who most of the "filthy" rich are: Hollywood, rock, and sports stars (all mostly democrats), Gates, Soros, Buffett, etc. And AFAIK, only righties favor the Fair Tax, which clobbers big spenders while sending checks to the poor.

...and essentially is a penalty on trade. Favoring hoarders over those who spend their money, i.e. turn the wheels of the economy. Which is the exact opposite of a what any economist would prescribe for a stagnant market.

But then, these "scores of sources" and "shelves full of books" have been reviewed and their synopsis brought to you by... a guy who has - by his own admission - never signed a pay check in his life, and didn't know that wages and 1099 compensation are deducted from the taxable income of a small business owner.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
Favoring hoarders over those who spend their money, i.e. turn the wheels of the economy. Which is the exact opposite of a what any economist would prescribe for a stagnant market.

Keynesian myth, according to everything I've read and heard over the last decade, much of it from history's biggest names in enonomics. What gets a stagnant economy going is manufacturing, i.e., GDP, NOT spending. Bush's advice to SPEND was dead wrong, according to them.

Your next paragraph is an egregious, deliberately misleading, out-of-context, truncated snippet from years ago, which makes me wonder why I even looked.

I keep hoping some of you will take a hint from the left wing media and congressman in the last few days and face reality. Silly me.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a picture that seems to suggest that isobars doesn't understand the basic principals of supply and demand.
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is much, starting with human nature and how to structure an argument to persuade, the Mike Fick does not understand.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about Iso, like he's some kind of powerful policy controller, he knows he not, it's about BHO, and how he plays the game.

Seperation from the issue, whatever it is at the time, is a strategy that BHO has employed very well from day one.
He has never taken the blame for anything and he probably never will, it has alway been somebody, or something else to blame.
The buck never reaches BHO's office,,,,,,,, by design.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Keynesian myth, according to everything I've read and heard over the last decade, much of it from history's biggest names in enonomics. What gets a stagnant economy going is manufacturing, i.e., GDP, NOT spending. Bush's advice to SPEND was dead wrong, according to them.

Right, Mikey. Manufacturing.

Making stuff that people want to SPEND money to buy.

The secret to economics is that it's a closed, cyclic system. Make, buy, make, buy, make, buy...

See the pattern?

So, on the one hand, we have corporations in America that have more cash than ever but don't want to hire people to make stuff for customers who have no money to spend on that stuff.

On the other hand, we have potential buyers who have little money to spend on stuff those companies manufacture.

If you were Master of the Universe, how would you fix that broken cycle?

(And, please, please, please don't embarrass yourself by saying "cut taxes for the job creators." That's total horseshit and you know it just as well as "voodoo economics" Bush Sr. knows it.)
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stronger men are more right-wing
Strong men are more likely to be right-wing while weedier specimens tend to have more liberal views, a study suggests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10061462/Stronger-men-are-more-right-wing.html

What a waste of money. Everyone knew that already!!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Strong men are more likely to be right-wing while weedier specimens tend to have more liberal views, a study suggests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10061462/Stronger-men-are-more-right-wing.html

Apparantly this study didnt include you, Mr Gybe.......
nw30

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Better windsurfers also! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: