myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our 'hands-off' POTUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
Stronger men are more right-wing
Strong men are more likely to be right-wing while weedier specimens tend to have more liberal views, a study suggests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10061462/Stronger-men-are-more-right-wing.html

What a waste of money. Everyone knew that already!!

Better windsurfers also! Wink

I wasn't even aware that Right Wingers liked active outdoor sports. I thought it was all Bowling ,hunting, and NASCAR.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now let's be fair! Candidate Barry likes bowling too. Who can forget that dynamic 37 he bowled when demonstrating his athletic prowess. If only this study had been out then we would have known it wasn't fair to give him a man's ball.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
It's not about Iso

It is, in the mind our lefties share. They can't win on facts, so they try to make it personal. They fool no one but like-minded fools.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
nw30 wrote:
It's not about Iso

It is, in the mind our lefties share. They can't win on facts, so they try to make it personal. They fool no one but like-minded fools.

Only when you climb onto your little soap-box and spout nonsense about things you don't understand.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't make this stuff up. First mrgybe claims that stronger men are right wing--relying on British trash tabloid "journalism," then the Richland zen master of insult says that the left can't win on facts.

As a frequent supporter of the Catholic bishops, I can tell mrgybe what strong men do. They protect children, not priests, when priests are abusing children.

The irony in this insult is beyond rich. Mrgybe's slur--easier to snark and run than to actually make a real argument--is a thinly veiled insinuation that those not on the right are weak, fey, and maybe even gay. Yet when faced with a choice of whether to protect children, or pederast priests--his beloved Catholic Church picked priests, and committed a criminal conspiracy, on a world-wide basis, to cover the crimes of the priests.

Real men are able to deal with differing opinions, and offer an opinion, not merely snark. I'm still looking for one on the right. One that doesn't need a gun to be strong.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
nw30 wrote:
It's not about Iso

Mikey, loonie lefties and rabid righties are actually closer than you think. For example, only one little word differentiates these two assertions:

Right-minded thinking: "Right-wing men have bigger dicks."

Left-minded thinking: "Right-wing men are bigger dicks."
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear!! So sensitive to a little bit of humor. The politburo probably doesn't encourage levity in Berkeley. Still, it's impressive that he can hit those big heavy keyboard keys with those spindly little arms. I wonder if he throws like the President?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
(to feuser) Your next paragraph is an egregious, deliberately misleading, out-of-context, truncated snippet from years ago, which makes me wonder why I even looked.

I should add that his only true statement was that I've never signed a paycheck. He omitted the fact that I managed and/or wrote checks for hundreds of millions of research dollars, including contractor paychecks. It's just another of the games they play.

Last edited by isobars on Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mac

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "funny man" forgets that he was the first to post the Republican hit piece on Obama phones on this forum. A piece chosen, with great controversy among the party, with full knowledge of how it manipulated racial images to stir up the base. The best possible spin one could put on his posting of this misleading and racially charged--intentionally--video is a magical combination of ignorance and insensitivity. Now there's something to put on your tombstone--I tried to be funny but I was only ignorant and insensitive.

For those who can't understand why mrgybe disgusts me.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
isobars wrote:
(to feuser) Your next paragraph is an egregious, deliberately misleading, out-of-context, truncated snippet from years ago, which makes me wonder why I even looked.

I should add that his only true statement was that I've never signed a paycheck. He omitted the fact that I managed and/or wrote checks for hundreds of millions of research dollars, including contractor paychecks. It's just another of the games they play.

I made two statements and one observation:
1. That you've never in your life signed a pay check - which you admit is true
2. That you didn't know that 1099 and wages were deducted from the taxable income of a small business owner who declares business income on a personal tax return - which you've had the honesty to admit in the past when it came up.

The observation is that you know nothing of the economy, for which you yourself deliver adequate proof (remember gold?); yet continue to lecture and rant about it here.

That's it, really. Can't see where I am wrong, but, of course, I could be - and I would love to have a conversation about it with you, if you didn't insist on insulting everyone all the time.

Have a nice day.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: