myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our 'hands-off' POTUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
It's also a well known fact that extreme right wingers are perpetually angry, and that this extraordinary 'braces busting' rage endows them with superhuman powers ..... until, that is, they quite explode themselves into an early grave. A reasonable outcome any sane person may think.

But don't get me started on the loony left!

Say it ain't so Gurgle! Surely an Englishman of all people recognizes the use of absurdity in humor? Can anyone, apart from Bruiser McGrath, have taken my 500 one arm push ups seriously? The world record isn't much more than twice that.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
The world record isn't much more than twice that.

And that record is held by.................................

Shocked

.....Mr. Fick, I bet.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Objection your honor!! No one is making fun of the President's bike riding skills. He's riding a Trek, which a decent bike, and he's wearing a helmet, which is commendable. Towing his teleprompter behind the bike may be a little over the top however.

ROFLMAO!!! Well played!
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real men only get around by consuming fossil fuels. Understood. Guilt about climate change is so yesterday.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always inspiring to see Bruiser, with a kayak on the back of his trusty burro Trotsky, heading through the dusty streets of Berkeley to the water's edge.
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe--either you or your buddy Mike Fick are going to have to send your drones back if you want to get accurate information. It's a mule--named tax oil depletion--so stubborn and stupid I almost named it Republican. I doubted that you would have such equine envy, or obsession, after all I am certain from your postings that you keep a pony in the same room as your computer.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...Inspired by these recent postings and the quality of the research referenced by the deniers in the global warming thread, I decided to do my own research on the traits of the right wingers.

I conducted this, relatively, extensive research while on my bike ride today.

1. At the top of the 11000 foot pass, a half dozen bikers were hanging out after their 3000 foot plus climb. None admitted to being a right winger. So, you guts are correct...right wingers do not ride bikes, at least, well.

2. I was cut off by three motorists. None had Obama bumper stickers. One had a Romney sticker. Right wingers are not as courteous.

3. At a scenic overlook, I noticed a fat Texan struggle to extricate himself from his car. An amazing display of physical strength. Obviously a right winger. I could not possibly have moved that much bulk.

4. Apparently, this right winger had used his superior physical attributes to land (sorry bad visual) one of the most coveted of all right wing possessions...a very large woman... who accompanied him. So, in real world applications, you guys rule!
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--so right. But when global warming eliminates agriculture, we get to eat the fat ones.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
CB--so right. But when global warming eliminates agriculture, we get to eat the fat ones.

If indeed "global warming" is true, there will be so much productive agriculture in the northern latitudes that everyone will be fat.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In keeping with the current nature of this thread, one of the old evolutionary theories of our human nature has recently resurfaced, and is gaining more careful scrutiny.

The theory goes that, we are descended from a branch of apes that far from swinging in the trees before coming down to earth with a bump so to speak, (yes, we've all fallen out of them as kids), really lived in the water floode plains, spending half their lives up to their necks wading through the stuff, and living on an omega 3 rich diet of fishy things. (No chips, sadly.)

This explains our fascination with (windsurfing) just messing about in water, along with our major differences to our modern ape and monkey cousins. i.e. Big noses pointing downwards to keep out the water when ducking under. hairy heads but clean bodies for less water resistance when wading, and stiff upright posture to keep our heads above water.

There are several other traits which an aquatic ancestry would explain, including my confounded bad back when standing upright on land, free of the support of the water! (Though I object to the running to flab tendency of our species. For added insulation I wear a wetsuit!

The theory also neatly explains why some of us have big brains (all that Omega 3), though it is less forthcoming in explaining those who infest our species, of the knuckle dragging tendency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: