myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our 'hands-off' POTUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know why Obama is once again beating the "Close Gitmo" drum:

Drone targets.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
What gets a stagnant economy going is manufacturing, i.e., GDP, NOT spending.

From the WSJ at http://tinyurl.com/m6qf96c
The Emperor Creates No Jobs
France's top central banker speaks some blunt economic truths.

French and German ministers met Tuesday in Paris to discuss the euro zone's stagnant economy and rising unemployment. We hope they took with them the recent annual report ( http://tinyurl.com/lqoglkx ) from French central bank chief Christian Noyer, who offers as clear an assessment as you're likely to find in Europe of what ails the euro zone.

"The underlying objective," Mr. Noyer writes, "is growth. Not just a temporary spurt, sustained artificially by public spending, but strong and lasting growth that creates jobs and is based on the development of modern and competitive production capacity. ... If only the (French) President would listen.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he said that he's going to pivot again and focus on "jobs and the middle class", after six'ish years?
Ahh, ok, but don't get your hands dirty..........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monmouth Poll: less than half of country believes Obama wants to help middle class
By Max Pizarro
July 31st, 2013 - 1:09pm

Today's Monmouth University Poll finds that President Barack Obama commands limited credibility with the middle class.

According to the poll, the American public is split on the veracity of Obama’s announcement that he wants to refocus the remainder of his term on helping the middle class. Less than half (46%) believe the president when he says this, while exactly half (50%) do not believe him. The vast majority of Democrats (78%) take the president at his word, but nearly all Republicans (87%) do not. Independents tend to be more skeptical (54%) than trusting (42%) of the president’s claim.

Americans put the middle class at the bottom of the list for groups who have been helped by Obama’s policies, the poll reports.

Among five different groups asked about in the poll, Wall Street bankers are the most likely to be seen as doing well under Obama, with 44% of Americans saying this group has benefited a lot and 26% saying they benefited a little from the president’s policies. Wealthy families (35% a lot and 31% a little) and health insurance companies (34% a lot and 27% a little) are next in line as perceived beneficiaries of Obama’s policies. Just 20% of Americans say poor families have benefited a lot and 39% say they have benefited a little during the Obama era.

Middle class families, though, stand at the bottom of the list – below both rich and poor. Only 12% of Americans say the middle class has benefited a lot from Obama’s policies and 39% say it has benefited a little. In fact, nearly half (46%) say that middle class families have not benefited at all. This is significantly higher than the number who say no benefits have been seen by Wall Street (14%), wealthy families (23%), health insurers (26%), or even poor families (37%).

“Given President Obama’s track record with the middle class, this new focus may be seen as too little too late,” said Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute in West Long Branch. “Of course, some of the problem may lie in the acrimonious relationship between the President and the House of Representatives.”

In spite of perceptions of his policies to date, a majority (55%) of Americans think it is at least somewhat likely that Obama will propose policies to help the middle class. On the other hand, just 30% say it is likely that Congress will enact any of these measures. There is a partisan divide on the president’s intentions – 84% of Democrats, 50% of independents, and 24% of Republicans say Obama is likely to propose policies to help the middle class. There is no such gap when it comes to the probability that Congress will act on such policies – just 31% of Democrats, 28% of independents, and 32% of Republicans say Congressional action is likely.

Obama outlined six cornerstones for his new middle-class policy. The Monmouth University Poll finds that Americans feel some are more important than the others. Specifically, about 3-in-4 say that health care costs (79%), being able to save for retirement (75%), and a lack of jobs (73%) are major problems facing the middle class right now. Of somewhat lesser importance are access to good, affordable education (56% major problem) and housing and mortgage costs (52% major problem). Less than half (46%) say that inequality and a lack of opportunity for certain groups are a major problem for the middle class. There are only very slight partisan differences in rating these items as major problems facing the middle class.

The poll also found that 42% of Americans approve of Obama’s overall job performance while 51% disapprove. Just 28% say the country is headed in the right direction and 63% say it is on the wrong track.

The latest Monmouth University Poll was conducted by telephone with a national random sample of 1,012 adults age 18 and older from July 25 to 30, 2013. This sample has a margin of error of + 3.1 percent. The poll was conducted by the Monmouth University Polling Institute in West Long Branch.

http://www.politickernj.com/67451/monmouth-poll-less-half-country-believes-obama-wants-help-middle-class#ixzz2afl7HwR3
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, walk me through the math, using your mensa teachings...as to how Jan 2009-July 2013 is "six'ish" years.
Thanks
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
NW, walk me through the math, using your mensa teachings...as to how Jan 2009-July 2013 is "six'ish" years.
Thanks

Mr. Turdy goes to Mr. Fick-shun to script his narrative. That's what results. Gross distortion.

But seriously, here's how he does it.

Jan '09 to July '13 is 55 months. NW doesn't know math and can't divide by twelve (and that's assuming he knows how many months in a year), so he sees it as 5.5 years, which is close to "six-ish."
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay no attention to the poll, just the minutia, that's what's really important.
Hea, how about my avatar?
I barely survived that attack, the shark was a liberal.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW...I read your posts, usually I have already scanned them in my morning Drudge view. BUT, when you are angling... in this case, Obama the bum finally focusing on the economy after "six'ish" years, you have to, at the very least , get the numbers right. Otherwise your valuable message comes across in a watered down fashion.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

I doubt it. Most liberals are vegetarians.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
nw30 wrote:

I doubt it. Most liberals are vegetarians.

C'mon CB. Most liberals would eat their own Grandchildren if it helped their ideology and re-election. I'm just waiting for Snowdon to gobble his Polonium sandwich. I give him 2 years until he's dead.

Boggs, Drudge is the most entertaining site on the web. If you do read it, it must ring some bells....it's not all fiction you know.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:

Your avatar is awesome! Can you make me one?
Here's a link to sample image. Me on red and yellow Ezzy with helmet. Now a shark coming out of Lake Ontario, that would be cool!
https://plus.google.com/photos/118433886935078746403/albums/5525850588430179841?banner=pwa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: