myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Our 'hands-off' POTUS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:
"I see nothing"

Hey NitWit, those of us without blinders can clearly see yours.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
"I see nothing"

He is either totally incompetent, wants open borders to admit more Democrat voters, or both. I can think of no other explanation, and suspect the third explanation.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
He is either totally incompetent, wants open borders to admit more Democrat voters, or both. I can think of no other explanation, and suspect the third explanation.

And Mikey's.......

His are extra big.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither the Nit wit, nor Mike Fick, have much capacity for complicated subjects. But they can parrot the latest vitriol about Obama without thinking. The truth is somewhat more complicated:

Quote:
By Nora Caplan-Bricker @ncaplanbricker

If you don’t follow the immigration debate closely, you may be a bit confused. The left is increasingly angry with President Obama, calling him the “deporter-in-chief.” That’s because the total number of deportations during Obama’s tenure recently passed 2 million. As Dara Lind wrote last week at Vox, that pace puts him on track to “have deported more people by the end of 2014 than George W. Bush did in his entire eight years.” Immigration groups like America’s Voice and publications like Mother Jones have made the same point.

The right is mad at Obama, too—but for the opposite reason. They say he’s deporting far fewer people than Bush, and has failed to adequately enforce the country’s immigration laws. Responding to Lind’s piece, and more generally to the arguments of the left, Sean Davis of The Federalist accused her of “deport[ing] the truth on immigration stats,” protesting: “Obama is most definitely not the leading deporter of all time. In fact, total deportations in 2012 were the lowest they’d been since 1973.” You can hear similar arguments from right-leaning places like The National Review and think tank the Center for Immigration Studies.

How is it possible that the two sides could look at the same data and see such different things? The key is how you define the term “deport”—and what you think about a broad change in policy that started during the Bush administration and has continued under Obama.

Under Bush, the majority of immigrants that the U.S. sent home were simply “returned.” Nobody took their fingerprints or put a permanent mark on their immigration records. Instead, U.S. authorities put them on buses and sent them back across the border. Between 2001 and 2008, there were over 8.3 million of these informal “returns,” according to the Department of Homeland Security. There were, by contrast, just 2 million “removals.” Those are the more formal deportations—the ones that go through some form of individual review, with an officer if not a judge, and become part of deportees’ permanent records.

Read the rest here: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117412/deportations-under-obama-vs-bush-who-deported-more-immigrants

Obama is feeling the heat from the Hispanic community for how aggressively he has enforced immigration laws, data is complicated by the return of Hispanics to their home countries during the crash, and the Republicans are trying to avoid taking heat for not moving an immigration bill--and blame everything on Obama. Nobody looks good, but the Reps look worse.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boehner explodes, it's all Obama's fault. Wait, there is a law that ties Obama's hands. Passed before he was President, and signed by Bush. You can find the law here: http://www.state.gov/j/tip/laws/113178.htm

The short title is the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008’. Bipartisan bill, sponsored by 3 dems and 3 reps. Intended to provide relief for those fleeing a country and seeking sanctuary in the case of sex and drug trafficking. It establishes a special category, allowing those who claim coverage to apply for a special visa in Section 201 with this language:

(3) parents or unmarried siblings under the age of 18 who face retaliation as a result of their family member's escape from trafficking or cooperation with law enforcement.

Here is the implication:

Quote:
The law made provisions for the relatively quick return of children who come to the U.S. illegally from Mexico or Canada. For everyone else, though, it created a long and arduous legal process -- one that is unlikely to result in the return of a child to his or her homeland.

In 2008 Feinstein attached the bill to what was known as the "William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008." The larger bill, with Feinstein's inside, passed both House and Senate unanimously, and was signed into law by a lame duck George W. Bush on Dec. 23, 2008.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/administration-bush-era-law-requires-us-to-slow-walk-deportations/article/2550147

Now I can buy that the current situation is a case of unintended consequences. I can even buy a conservative viewpoint that trying to resolve every problem in the world with a Federal law is bound to have unintended consequences. What I can't buy is the continued effort of the ditto heads in Talk Radio to avoid presenting complicated problems as complicated problems, rather than as something to whip Obama with this week.

Echoed, of course, by those conservatives on this forum that never read anything to the left of the Drudge report--or require an editor. That's you nit wit.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmymac: "Echoed, of course, by those conservatives on this forum that never read anything to the left of the Drudge report--or require an editor. That's you nit wit."

Give it a rest jimmymac, constant slander will get you nowhere, it just labels yourself. You have NO idea of all what I read.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiney Nit Wit. This is what you posted:

Quote:
Okay so BHO is going to Texas for a couple of fund raisers (big surprise), and as yet, he has no plans to visit the Tex/Mex border, so what's up with that?
Either he is a punk, 'I don't need to see the stinking border', and/or a pussy, 'I couldn't handle seeing the chaos happening there', which would make him a punk/pussy.
Or, he's just an arrogant asshole, 'it's not my problem, it has nothing to do with me'.
His policies have basically told the border guards to stand down and change diapers instead of enforcing the immigration laws, just so he can create a border chaos leading to amnesty for undocumented democrats. But lets not forget about this open door policy that invites bad people to enter also, I guess we should just chalk that up that to potential collateral damage.
Fine deal.

This is the first time I've ever called BHO names, but at this point I can't think of anything else.
Worst prez ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, follow closely fool. It was a bipartisan Congress that passed a law, signed by Bush, that changed the immigration laws to prevent the enforcement you are seeking. Because you don't make any effort to investigate the facts, or consult sources that might be credible, you don't know that. That is why you look like such a fool. But then your memory is gone, because you think that is the first time you have called Obama names. You, like all the scum on the right, are blaming Obama for the laws passed under Bush. But you're not bigots. None of you. Right.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little constipated today, it was Bush's fault.
Then I read this, I feel better now.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitwit30 wrote:
I was a little constipated today, it was Bush's fault.
Then I read this, I feel better now.

NitWit, it's totally understandable that you'd be full of it -- you always are, always will be -- but why on earth would you blame Bush for that? It has been six years since Dubya... you've been shitless that long?

As usual, you make absolutely no sense.

Carry on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: