myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Iraq 2.1
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Iraq 2.1 Reply with quote

We had every country in the world backing us on finding those responsible for 9/11 in Afghanistan. Everyone.

There was no al-qaeda in Iraq.

Most every country in the world said “don’t go into Iraq”. Don’t do it. We did. Now in a complete 180, we loose the support of every single country in the world and take some serious PR damage. Abu Ghraib photos prove to the world what we were up to and millions of new recruits are born. A war never to end. Thanks W.

20,700 F-16 fighter jets let loose their payloads. Bin Laden and his million new recruits were given a gift. American Boots were on the ground in a Muslim country that had nothing to do with 9/11. A giant distraction from the real goal, a colossal distraction, a distraction Bin laden and his millions of new splinter groups thanked us for.

Trillions of dollars later (2 wars Bush wouldn’t pay a dime for), he leaves our economy in complete shambles along with 5000 dead Americans. “See ya later, good luck with the economy and that Muslim thing”.

Well no shit, now we have a serious vacuum filled with some seriously messed up people and serious blood on our hands. Any surprises here? ISIS will have a whole country to themselves before this is over. Civil war will rage in for decades.

A real boneheaded move. Rest assured we will pay the price for generations to come. But the good news according to FOX is, “it’s all Obamas fault”! King Stevenbard says he could have fixed the problem with 90 days of brutality? Fix what? What problem?

Way to think that one through America.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredrick, if you had half a brain, and read my posts for the last decade, you'd find I thought Bush was a fool to put us in Iraq. I wasn't even for Afghanistan. I am a student of world history. The Romans would have laughed at our boots on the ground strategy.

Brutality is how war should be fought, if it is fought. Romans would surround a city. Cut the food and water off. Hurl dead bodies over the wall. And not lose 1 soldier in the conquest. DID BUSH OR OBAMA EVER STUDY HISTORY???

I AM NOT FOR WAR, but if it is to be fought again, it should take 90 days to conquer Iraq. At least Bush 1 knew this. I'd carpet bomb every city controlled by Al Qaeda until every man woman and child was dead. I would not let 1 American soldier die in this. I would demand unconditional surrender or escalate the bombing until only lizards were alive in Iraq. OTHERWISE, LETS JUST NOT BOTHER, which would be my 1st choice.

Bush should never have gone in. But if he did, he should have finished it off and be done with it. Obama just prolonged the agony for political purposes, and will go in again for the same purposes. Crying or Very sad
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you nailed it Bard. Unfortunately, we now live under a blanket of political correctness that trumps all logic. I am sure that the two bombs dropped on Japan were not politically correct under today's standards, but it worked and likely saved many, many thousands of American Lives.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that SB. Hopefully you would have voted against it back then and aren't just saying that now. My father was very supportive of Bush back then. Had no problems being a warmonger. Now he claims he wasn't for the war and he is against all wars. BS. Just like he always made the argument the Earth isn't warming. Now he says it is, but it's not man.

Selective memory problems are abundant around some folk.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ought to have more respect for your father. He sounds like a reasonable man. Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno, 12 years ago we could have gotten away with brutality. Today Putin and China might flip their lids. Our hands are tied, and Al Qaeda know this. I also enjoy your commentary!
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus we are no longer fighting a country, but a mind set, mixed in with a somewhat normal population. I doubt that radical Islam will ever go away, or that we can win "the war". The fight will likely continue as long as man continues to exist.

We will likely sit on the sidelines as best we can until another 911, then we will be back in the game again. I frankly don't know what the best approach would be to control radical Islam.

Maybe keeping tabs on the leaders and using drones to take them out whenever possible is the best approach at this time. I am glad that Obama is at least continuing with this strategy.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When "W", Cheney and Rummy decided to go into Iraq and try to create a democracy, anyone with half a brain knew that it would fail.

And look, it is failing. Big surprise.

How many soldiers and innocent people lost their lives over this debacle? How much money was spent on this debacle? How did ousting Saddam and creating a "democracy" provide any benefit to the US?

Saddam was a Sunni. al-Maliki (backed by the US) is a Shia. These groups have hated each other and have been fighting each other for years. A paper tiger democracy is going to make them forget their sectarian hate, play nicey-nicey and sing songs around the camp fire? Not likely.

What a cluster. Brought to you by the brain trust of W, C and R, who should be known as the Three Stooges.

I wonder how they can sleep at night knowing all of the death, pain and destruction they caused.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired rhetoric You. Obama should have known this 5 1/2 years ago. Why didn't he? Now it looks like we'll be bombing them again. 5 years ago it ceased being Bush's fault. Obama could have pulled out.

As of 6 months ago, Obama had lost twice as many troops in Iraq as Bush.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
When "W", Cheney and Rummy decided to go into Iraq and try to create a democracy, anyone with half a brain knew that it would fail.

And look, it is failing. Big surprise.

How many soldiers and innocent people lost their lives over this debacle? How much money was spent on this debacle? How did ousting Saddam and creating a "democracy" provide any benefit to the US?

Saddam was a Sunni. al-Maliki (backed by the US) is a Shia. These groups have hated each other and have been fighting each other for years. A paper tiger democracy is going to make them forget their sectarian hate, play nicey-nicey and sing songs around the camp fire? Not likely.

What a cluster. Brought to you by the brain trust of W, C and R, who should be known as the Three Stooges.

I wonder how they can sleep at night knowing all of the death, pain and destruction they caused.

But what about "the just war", you know, the one that Obama said, Afghanistan? That same thing is going to happen there once Obama completes his pullout.
And by the way, more of our troops have died in A-stan and Iraq during this administration, than have died in Iraq.
Your indignation and your math doesn't add up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: