myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Goya fxr 125 vs f2 ride 284

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willysp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Goya fxr 125 vs f2 ride 284 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a f2 ride 284 (62.5 width) 130 l (not sure what year but it looks like this one: http://www.segundamano.es/alicante/tabla-f2-ride-284-130l/a37858450/ ). Few months ago I tried a 2008 Goya fxr 125l ( http://boardtests.com/2010/12/goya-fxr-125-test-2008-2009-and-2010/ ) and I felt it WAY easier to sail.
I'm an early intermediate, I water start with no problems, working on getting on the footstraps and using the harness.
My question is, do you think it worth to spend extra money on a board like that one and replace mine? When I sailed the goya, it was in "perfect conditions" (for me), that is 15mph wind, and no chop. I wonder if with my board on that conditions, the difference between these boards wouldn't be that noticeable (some people say that my board is a slalom board and some others say that it's an early freeride so if someone knows what it is let me know!)

Btw, I live in Seattle and sail in lake Washington and I go to the gorge 5 or 6 times a year (I moved to Seattle two years ago so last summer was the first time going to the gorge)
Thanks,
Wilson
hilton08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FXR is a more modern shape (shorter, wider, and lighter) so it should do just about everything better (plane sooner, jibe easier) than the older F2.
In overpowered choppy conditions, the narrower width (and extra weight) of the F2 may help it, but the extra length will still be working against it.
sethfactor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wilson,

I was in your position a decade ago, living in Seattle and traveling to the Gorge on summer weekends. I bought a Starboard Carve 140 and it helped me learn how to jibe in Gorge conditions. I recommend the Goya to help you learn this essential high wind maneuver. You will never regret selling the F2. You can just stay on a plane much longer with the wider board.

Seth
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have time, move footstraps all the way forward on the F2, giving you a wider and bigger board to stand on. Use a swept pointer, maybe 12", if you're 160 lbs., and move mast track to a forward of center position to give yourself a bigger riding board.
willysp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up buying the board. Picking it up in a week. Can wait to try it!!!!
So no I have a really good board for sale hahah!
Wilson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: