myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Sunday at Coyote Oct 25 Reply with quote

I don't often sail out to the channel markers this late in the year but now I have the longboard. SFO was fairly steady at 13 mph and the big board had no problem planing on its steptail with the 8.0 Retro. A couple of sailboats way out there and the water had that ephemeral fall sheen to it..
simonperez60

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use a single pin screw in mast base or a 2 screw
Euro plug in type. I used single pins before the 2
screw stuff from Chinook came out and had a couple of instances
where it nearly came unscrewed. I have never had a problem
with the 2 screw euro pin setup it does limit mast adjustment a little
though.(which I pretty much never do anyway)
You should be checking the tendon or changing it out seasonally
though I think.

beallmd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Pyramid Reply with quote

A day yesterday at Pyramid. 5.5ish. The only place with water here. Tahoe is no good, might be good out in the middle but nothing worthwhile near shore. We seem to have stumbled on to the best place to windsurf at Pyramid on a S or SW or maybe W. Washout Beach officially, first turnoff going south from the Pyramid Highway. Certainly hoping for a hell of a winter!
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both single and two bolt Chinook type bases, only I check the joints, whether rubber or Streamlined, EVERY time before I go windsurfing. Stuff breaks with little warning.
In over 35 years of windsurfing, I had the single bolt come loose maybe twice, so I learned to snug them down, 33 years ago.
ONCE, I had the brass slug shatter apart from a landing.
I have 2 single bolt bases I use, and 2 double bolt bases set in my slalom boards.
bprice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: A.L Today Reply with quote

It blew and blew and I sailed 4.2. The waves not tall but plenty for all. Pain in the ass was all the eel grass, and it did not help there were islands of dead kelp. Despite the piles there were plenty of smiles. After all, it is the fall. No great sorrow as there is more forecasted tomorrow.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was kelp city, and on the inside, fin clearing was the order of the day, thanks to the super high tides.
A lot of kelp was dislodged from the bottom because of the super high tides, and it washed into the impact zone, it was testing my patience, I will admit. Tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised to see a kelp berm at the water's edge that we'd have to climb over to get to the water. The same thing happened about this time last year, those super high tides can create some unique challenges.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Stick Oct 29 Reply with quote

The Stick keeps giving with another great afternoon. I keep forgetting my 6.0 and I am out with 5.5 and CA 52 ... but it is enough! Not in 6th gear but nice solid sailing. Many people out enjoying the almost summer day.

And great turn out at the planning commission meeting in Brisbane. Around 20 of us show up, give testimony and we get very good feedback from members of the commission at the end of the meeting. Amazing but we might be able to stop development construction upwind of the Stick. Shocked
Goodwind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that many windsurfers showed up at the meeting. Because of the scheduled colonoscopy today and all the preparations that came with it , I had to start early yesterday but the stick was very light. So I ended up sailing my windsup from Oyster Point to Flying Tigers and had a good time. I have to agree that the Genentech buildings created a long wind shadow between Oyster and Flying Tigers.

After sailing, I dropped by the stick around 4:20 and found the roadside packed with windsurfers and regular park goers vehicles due to park closing. I was thinking, California already has two years of good surplus, why is Candlestick still closed on Thursday and Friday? Perhaps we should start writing to Gerry . Confused
bprice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: A.L Today Reply with quote

5.2 with big smooth 8 footers rolling thru and occasional massive DOH sets. Perfect wave direction with the outer reef pitching up nicely driving into a glassy steep down the line inside setup. What a nice birthday gift!
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you're killing me, I tried, but I had too many irons in the fire today, but happy birthday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 116 of 329

Jump to: