myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto Christmas Day Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
to make things even more interesting I got a heart attack last Tue. Due to the marvels of modern medicine (especially the freaky angioplasty) I will probably be ok. But if I might send a suggestion: love life, and especially your friends and loved ones. Life is ephemeral!

Well said. Here's to a full recovery, dvCali.
bert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davide,
Do get better by spring..you're always blowing by me on the water and I'd like to catch you one of these days Smile

Carl,
I had no idea of your condition. Hope to see you in the spring.

Bert

Last edited by bert on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
carl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto Christmas Day Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
to make things even more interesting I got a heart attack last Tue. Due to the marvels of modern medicine (especially the freaky angioplasty) I will probably be ok. But if I might send a suggestion: love life, and especially your friends and loved ones. Life is ephemeral!

Welcome to the club dvCali, I had a triple bypass about 3 months ago and just now recovered enough for the doctors to give their approval to windsurf.
Modern medicine is indeed a miracle. It's good both of us caught it early.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple heart attacks, with the last one in April 2013 right after a 5.0 windsurfing session while derigging and packing it all up. On the upside, you can keep active, and still stay on top of your game. I would recommend picking up, a copy of H. Robert Superko's book, 'Before the Heart Attacks'. It's a very informative book that will give you a practical view of your condition, and how to put together a viable plan to address it. Superko was one of the founders of the Berkeley Heart Lab. Ultimately, to better understand my heart disease, I had my blood tested and analyzed by the Berkeley Heart Lab. In my view, it was worth spending the extra money to get a sophisticated and detailed review my condition.
carl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto Christmas Day Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Wind at about 10 mph, Kona CarbOne longboard paired with a new Retro 9.5. Never off a plane for 1 1/2 hrs. Happy as a lark on this Christmas Day Wink

Bert,
Did I read that right? "9.5" ?? It must be a misprint!
"5.9" sounds more like your style.
See you in the spring. The new "plumbing" works good.
Healing the sternum was the hard part, but it seems ok now.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davide,

Wow, you look fit and truly living an active life style. That heart attack is a little surprise. Have a quick recovery and hope to see on the water again this winter. I'm sure many of us are looking up to Fred (78 years of age) for inspiration and be able to sail for many years to come. Yip, modern medicine is amazing. My dad, now age 91, had an open-heart at Standford last year. He's still driving and fishing on a regular basis.
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: 1/17/16 Princeton Harbor Reply with quote

My computer crashed, which meant a trip to the repair shop and no way to work for the rest of the day. What do you know, the wind came up to mitigate my stress. Meter showed 16 avg with gusts to 21. With nothing better to do, I decided to drive over and check it out. Lots of kites on the east side were a good harbinger of things to come. I rigged a 5.7 and rode my 94 (my big rig). I counted 5 windsurfers and maybe 20 kites. It was mostly powered and planning and a nice way to spend a January Saturday. Not too wet and not cold at all.

Got January checked off too.
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: 3rd Ave Reply with quote

Saturday sunset session at 3rd Ave pretty damned powered on 4.7 in channel. Some decent swell to play on with a big ebb running. Solo mission, although Dmitry and Rich were out earlier in day. From the sunny channel could see all the low hanging misty rain clouds shrouding the Peninsula. I did get hit by one shower though too. Wind was solid. Pretty good for January!
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild and wooly at A.L. today, 4.7's down to 4.2's then back to the vehicles to take shelter from the rapidly increasing wind. The wind swell was fairly good at waist high, and the high tides are keeping the elephant seals off the beach and onto the bluff, more better for us. Had fun while it lasted, maybe more tomorrow.
Yesterday was more user friendly, easier sailing, but I missed it.
bert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Coyote this weekend Reply with quote

It was like night and day at Coyote this weekend. Had to rig my biggest kit on Saturday-9.5/Kona longboard as the wind was at 10 mph. Had to venture to the yellow buoy before the board began to plane. Today on Sunday I could have used my smallest setup which I didn't bring-70L RealWind/3.3 Combat wave. I did bring my 80L Thommen/3.7 Naish which held up okay in the 30-40 mph conditions. The old school boards do better in the nasty conditions experienced today...wish I could say the same for us old guys Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 119 of 329

Jump to: