myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the mast base back on the board, you do not flip the board on the side.
Instead, you SIT on the board, board flat, pull the lower part of the sail across your board, wait for a slight lull in the windswell, BEND the uni to fit down into the slot.
Done if a couple dozen times, not only to my rig, but mostly to other's, and it works every time.
Does not work while breaking waves are hitting you.
But talking Gorge, so there's lulls in between the wind swells, you just only have to look upwind to find a less wavy patch.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar thing happened to me in the ocean, but it was a sheared bolt so there was no reconnecting option, but I did have a small piece of rope (I always do). I tied the base to my rear foot strap and towed the rig back in.
I would have to be staring death in the face before I ditch my rig.
But that's just me.
LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Day at 3rd Yesterday low 3m sails in use by some. Lots of rigs on the rug. People resting in between sessions.

Image3 cropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.9 KB
 Viewed:  10551 Time(s)

Image3 cropped.jpg

GOPR1783.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  497.82 KB
 Viewed:  10553 Time(s)

GOPR1783.JPG

jp5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
To get the mast base back on the board, you do not flip the board on the side.
Instead, you SIT on the board, board flat, pull the lower part of the sail across your board, wait for a slight lull in the windswell, BEND the uni to fit down into the slot.
Done if a couple dozen times, not only to my rig, but mostly to other's, and it works every time.
Does not work while breaking waves are hitting you.
But talking Gorge, so there's lulls in between the wind swells, you just only have to look upwind to find a less wavy patch.

Tried it...several times and almost had it. But that uni did not want to bend far enough to insert into the base plate.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shot of the third Avenue lawn looks just like point Isabel. Except for the lack of weeds, rocks, dog shit, and used condoms. Well, I haven't seen a used condom for a while.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Stick Apr 25 Reply with quote

Liberation Day (at least in Italy!). VERY nice conditions, I am the first out around 2:30 on overpowered 4.3. Wind opened all the way across and coming back toward the beach is smooth sailing on the little rollers. A 2008 RRD 85 can go fast at Stick I need to remember to bring the GPS to check! Then lots of people come in (Marty is back after his injury!) everybody enjoying the sunny day.

Fun easy sailing for about one hour then the wind drops a bit especially close to shore and I head back ... by the time I am ready to leave it is blowing again but I had enough. Another good day in my recovery book: I think I am ready to go back to Crissy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
bert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Third on Tuesday Reply with quote

Only one sailing at 2 at 3rd. 4.2/80L was just enough and sometimes that's the best. Hard flood made for voodoo chop that was Crissy like..had to go half a mile beyond the marker for smoother waters. Used an old Thommen board that handles the chop real good.
bert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Embassy on Wednesday Reply with quote

My old bones are hurting after 4 straight days of solid wind. Sailed Embassy at 1 pm on a 3.7/75L setup. It was Gorge like just past the airport marker with 35 mph winds and real big chop that invited you to jump it. My old school Realwind board was perfect out there. There was actually another windsurfer already sailing when I arrived at Embassy Suites Shocked
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Stick Apr 27 and 28 Reply with quote

Time warp! today was pretty much the same of the 25!!!!!! Longest day out, powered up 4.3 but the wind is not as steady.

But Thu 28 is stronger, 4.3 is quite overpowered, I take out the old RRD 75 that slows things down but the board is not so great at Stick (she really does not like the little chop). So short session but fun, and a LOT of smiling people in the 3.7-4.2 conditions!

Amazingly the commute is getting bad even in the Sunset/Richmond. Where it used to take me 20-25' to get home now it is 40-45' ... incredibly there is talk of building high rises in the Richmond/Sunset: more congestion and ugliness. They are doing their best to destroy this gem of a city!!!!!!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey, it's supposed to blow in the mid twenties at Tomales bay today! Let's take a field trip!

image.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.43 KB
 Viewed:  9921 Time(s)

image.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 126 of 329

Jump to: