myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Tuesday at the Stick Reply with quote

Good wind early at the Stick. Was on 4.7/90L Fanatic freewave trifin. After a week of big gear sailing it's nice to be on a board that you don't have to stomp on to turn. Had the place to myself til my 3 o'clock quitting time when 3 sailors showed up. May do another day at the Stick before sailing a different spot.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel delivered Tuesday ....5.6 95L high speed thrills. Except the occasional fluffy parts. The patch by the bulb was where the power was.

Last edited by windoggi on Wed May 11, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
gerritt

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: May 10 at 3rd Reply with quote

Even better than Monday!

Update on pipe: It seemed to have moved about 100 yard further south and was pointing south toward the bridge and still protruding from the water at an angle. Again it would appear and disappear - a highly dangerous situation indeed. Since the flood is getting later, I can only surmise this thing is subject to movement by the tides. Monday night it was pointing north, which might be explained by the ebb tide that was coming on earlier then. Beware.
sailtildark

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the Army Corps has a barge in the bay whose sole purpose is picking up floating junk. I saw it docked in Sausalito - that is all I know.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Friday the 13th WS Soquel Cove Reply with quote

So I finally had a day off with the wind coming in to Soquel Cove from the southwest at better than 10 knots. Launched the Angulo 10’ 10” and the Ezzy Cheetah 7.0 from New Brighton. Headed up the coast towards Pleasure Point.
Caught a couple of waves inside from Bombora. A south swell was running. Two to Four foot wave maker. Caught a wave at Capitola. Sailed through the Capitola Anchorage. Only two sailboats moored. The wharf has put in the floating dock and ramp to it.
Sailed out past the big bed of kelp to the west of the anchorage. Whoops! What was that huge splash?!!! Headed towards it. Out of the water comes a humpback whale and with almost its full body out it arcs over and impacts its whole side with a huge splash. Then I see another and then another. A pod it is. The one that was jumping kept doing so, again and again and again. A serial breacher it was. I watched for a while and then they got calmer and so I headed back towards shore.
Caught a couple of waves at Privates and the wind shifted more west making for lulls behind each little point. The wind was already up and down and this new direction emphasized the down portion. Sailed back outside and headed further up the coast in a bit of a channel between two kelp beds. Got to off of the beach just west of The Hook and headed in. Tacked up to Third Peak and windsurfed on the swell there. The wind was better here and the waves were beautiful. I would pick up the swell out by the kelp bed and ride it in past the surfers to the shallow area. Sometimes in there the wind was absent, but the swell was a true wave at that point and with its energy I finished the ride. Jibe on the next puff and head back out. The wind would increase as I got farther out and I would head out close to the wind so that the ride in would allow going down the line. Had a good time doing this for a while. Knew I would hate having to give it up.
Then, with concern about how late it was, I headed home. Sailed by the surfers at 38th Avenue, the Hook, and along the way to Privates. It got lighter as I headed east. Not enough wind to catch any of the swell and there was less to catch as the tide was rising and swamping out the swell a bit. Got back with good timing as there was always some wind to work with and some of the gusts allowed for making tracks.
A beautiful Spring Day and so much fun to be out on the water.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: More Stick May 13 Reply with quote

Man if I keep going like this this is going to be the most boring season ever since 1986!!!!!! Stick stick stick stick stick stick ...

More Stick, pretty good until the wind dropped (while Rio Vista was blowing 30). Finally the first time out with the new HOT SAIL MAUI GPS 6.6. Feels perfect on the Patrik 100 and man ... as expected it made a huge difference in speed and control the Patrik came alive! Below the sail just after first rig, battenes still not tensioned. It is a beautiful sail.

IMG_0009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.91 KB
 Viewed:  12277 Time(s)

IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited by dvCali on Sat May 14, 2016 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, they are finally bringing some color back to our sport and Hot Sails Maui has been a leader in this, thanks to them. For a while I thought I was going to have to buy a bright swim suit to wear over my wetsuit, Phew, that was a close one!
summertime

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day this season for me- waited for sherman island to fit my schedule. Awesome first day- first the 4.0 but gusts were going to 40 and about max ebb- way too much. Rigged 3.5 and just as I got to the water it backed way down. Finally the 5.0 with flood beginning worked well. Photo- Lone kiter at 9 pm just couldn't get enough.

image.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  906.23 KB
 Viewed:  12222 Time(s)

image.jpeg

2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: kite board found Tomales bay Reply with quote

I found a kite board floating north of Grassy point. you describe the board and it's yours.

4.2 sail size.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.78 KB
 Viewed:  12009 Time(s)

4.2 sail size.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Monday at Third Reply with quote

Nice and mellow 4.7 session at Third during the ebb. Swell action is always better than chop. Came across the boat mast? that's bobbling by the marker..a real sailing hazard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 128 of 329

Jump to: