myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: May 16 and 17 Reply with quote

May 16: You guessed it: more Stick. Windy, I take out the CA slalom 52 and a Firelight 5.0. Strange combo and the CA 52 feels like a needle after the Patrik 100. It feels sooo long and tweaky and it is easy to catch in the jibes even in the small chop!!! For some reason I fail a good many jibes that I generally never do. I might be out of shape? Confused? Or maybe it is the sail/board combination.

I go around at about 24-25 knots for a while and then the wind picks up and so does the speed. End of the day I hit a max 2" of 29.3, 10" of 27.2. Not bad for the firelight but I wished I had with me the GPS 5.5 and maybe a 28 fin: that would have easily broken the 30 knots barrier and stabilized the CA that bounces a good deal with the Firelight.

May 17: Wind lighter but I take out the CA again with the HSM GPS 6.0. First time I rig the sail and I spend some time adjusting. It is monster stable, nothing seems to unsettle it. I probably put a touch too much down haul at the end but got tired of adjusting it. Max speed is not higher than yesterday that is a bit surprising. True that the wind is quite a bit lighter but I only get to 28.66. What is different are the averages. My 5x2" is 28.4 and 5 best 10" are all above 28... the thing is chumming along at 28 knots steady! And the jibes are powered through the sail pulls and pulls making jibing actually easier.
koogzah

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force 7 from Blunt!
Explosive high adventure!

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: May 18 Reply with quote

Finally scared myself with the GPD 6.6 and the Patrik. Wind picks up from zero to 25+ around 5 pm and I soldier on. The sail is incredible, stable as a rock and quite effortless but it still does take a lot of energy and ... I am a bit panicked wondering where my heart rate is and if this is calling for real trouble Shocked

So vacation for a few days: I have rehearsals at night before Saturda's concert and I will go MTB (in the Park) playing good old retired person Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: 3rd on Thurs Reply with quote

3.7/80L at Third with the wind from the WSW. It was the perfect setup out at the channel, then I sensed a wind drop and headed back. Didn't come in soon enough and floundered a few hundred yards from the ramp. The kite instructor with a jet ski was nice enough to tow me in. The wind came back up at 4pm.
beallmd

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Washoe Reply with quote

Yesterday the wind blew bigtime! One of the locals sailed his 3.3, see the graph. The rest of us worked to support the local economy then arrived after work when it had died. One guy was limping in on a 5.8. Washoe is waste deep and super muddy but does get high wind. Maybe today, albeit colder...

newgraph.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.5 KB
 Viewed:  10842 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

bert

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Haskins on Friday Reply with quote

Noontime session on a 4.2/80L at Haskins Ave. Launched at the rip rap just below the South City Dump. 25-30 mph wind throughout the cove. Fast jibes and tacks in butt smooth water..reminded me of Aruba back in the late 80's except for the cold. Hour and half of solitary sailing..ending my day with a $1.50 dog and drink at the South City Costco. 4.2 and cheap eats..what more can an old boardhead ask for?
bprice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: A.L at it's best Reply with quote

Lots of great days this season but today stands out as one of the best so far. Double overhead + A frame sets, 4.7 84L at 190lbs, and just a few kites out with me for the first hour. Many smiles as we passed each other sharing the goodness. Later the wind picked up with lots of 4.2's coming out as I left. Damn fine day!!!
windward1

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing in Capitola increases 100% Reply with quote

2 Windsurfers off of Capitola today!
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Sunday Reply with quote

5.5/110L at PA at the start of ebb (3pm). Wind increased to almost 20 so I was plenty powered up..could have gone smaller. About 6 or 7 muddog freestylers eventually joined me on 4.7 to 5.2 sails. Good day.. considering. Have thoughts of doing Tigers tomorrow.
jp5

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect 7.0 flat water sailing at Leo yesterday for about an hour. A few waves to be had off the point. Warm, clear water, lots of sand covering the rocks making for easy entry and exit. PCH treacherous as usual for a Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 128, 129, 130 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 129 of 329

Jump to: