myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: 3rd on Thursday Reply with quote

Sailed during flood at 3rd around 2pm on a 5.3/110L. Nicely powered and easily sailed to weather on the big gear. Went a mile beyond the marker to get to smoother waters as the flood chop was killing me. Been diagnosed with a ruptured disc so I could only do an hour. Our bodies really begin to give out on us as we approach our seventies...
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Jul 23 Crissy Reply with quote

aaaaah great beautiful weather 1.5 hours on 5.0 at Crissy! Very Happy Then is goes down a bit and I take it as an invitation to go home and eat rice salad. Smile
Goodwind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Big Thursday at Stick Reply with quote

It has been windy the last four days at the Stick but today, Thursday (6/23) is by far the windiest and most consistent (not that VERY GUSTY as forecast). Been on my 3.5/78 every day and Martin (200lb) said he was overpowered on his 4.2 today and I have my share of tail walking.
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto Friday Reply with quote

Planing quickly after the dock launch at 2:30 with the wind read at 11 mph. Macho set up with a 9.5 Retro/152L board/58cm race fin. Becoming overpowered an hour later when the wind rose to 17. Muscles are bulging..who needs the gym?
aeolian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoreline, 17 on the nearest wind sensors. Breakthrough for me... raised the boom a bit, hooked in, popped on plane and easily made it to where the footstraps are. Experimented with slipping one foot or the other in Very Happy Also discovered that hips forward (in direction of travel) makes more power through the lulls, finally keeping the plane! Very Happy Next project - getting both feet in!
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Jul 24 Stick Reply with quote

I ended up at the Stick around 12:30, it is already blowing and I decide to rig the 6.0 GPS and take out the Patrik. I am curious to see how board works without plates in the back and the Phoenix 33 fin. With the Talon and no plates the board was very unstable in the chop and ... not so with the Phoenix!!! it is kind of a little fast beast! Beautifully stable in the soon overpowered conditions. I brake 30 knots finally! and I am very comfortable while doing so Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
windsrf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly I inhabit the Wrong side of The Bay.... Sad
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Shoreline Reply with quote

aeolian,
Glad to get some input from Shoreline. I learned to longboard there in 1984. Actually thought about sailing there today because it's only 10 minutes from my home and the commute to further sites are becoming a pain. You must have been sailing after 4 to get the 17 mph reading. Sounds like you're really close to getting into both straps. Once that happens you may be hooked for life Cool
loopy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: left coast Reply with quote

not too far from shark sighting

DSC_0116.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.72 KB
 Viewed:  11531 Time(s)

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.94 KB
 Viewed:  11531 Time(s)

DSC_0113.JPG

johnarmitage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Shoreline Reply with quote

I first planed on Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island, on my original Windsurfer, in 1988.

I got a boner.

I looked down on other sailors who actually needed to assemble their masts, booms, sails, etc. My rig was an epoxy one-piece with universal attached, with a lashed boom that stayed folded down against it, and the battenless sail reefed (rolled up) around it.

After falling at the run's end, I stood barefoot in murky chest-deep water. I felt a crab in the mud, large enough to get its claw around the arch of my size 14 foot (think of how large that crab was) and prepare to shear it off. I yanked it out just before he/she clamped down on it.

THAT was a memorable day.

From my 3rd story Providence loft, converted from the 18th-century factory that made all the WWII bayonets, I lowered the rig to the parking lot by rope, and soft-rack strapped it atop my 2-seat Honda CRX. The board was longer than the car.

bert wrote:
aeolian,
Glad to get some input from Shoreline. I learned to longboard there in 1984. Actually thought about sailing there today because it's only 10 minutes from my home and the commute to further sites are becoming a pain. You must have been sailing after 4 to get the 17 mph reading. Sounds like you're really close to getting into both straps. Once that happens you may be hooked for life Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 138 of 329

Jump to: