myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it back alive.
gerritt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Me too. Its the kind of experience that can make you more alive than before it happened. More aware. More appreciative. And even more hungry to get back on the horse.
loopless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis the season for San Diego. Tourmaline / outside PB point went off for two days. Solid overhead++, powered on 6.3's , no surfers, no kiters ( apparently kiting has been cancelled). One crazy rogue set that was genuine mast high came through. Lifeguards rode that swell it in their rescue boat from a 1/2 a mile out and high-fived us as a sailor dropped into it and they peeled off the corner.
gerritt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet - any photos to share?

From what I've seen that place is like a rare diamond - bright when she shines, but really hard to find. Or maybe she is more like bigfoot - only captured on grainy video, making one wonder if she is really real? I doubt I'll ever see her in real life. The idea of traveling down to San Diego for "radical down the line conditions" seems somehow a fool's errand.
loopless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the bigfoot video - it's the Surfline rewind of PB point. But we are tantalizingly out of frame...... so the mystery remains.
Very Happy
jc_surfsail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually when I first got out at PB point on Sunday there were 2 long boarders out. One was cool and the other was a complete psycho spaz. I was dropping in a good 200 yards out from them and they were just getting mowed by every set. Even though he could not catch a wave to save his life the spaz found the time to freakout on me as I blasted on by on the way out and when I was on the wave. This is pretty common @ the point and usually I end up yelling back at them. This time I took a different approach and chose to play Mr. Mcgoo and completely ignore him and it worked perfect, he got so bitter he finally split!

Mr_Magoo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.65 KB
 Viewed:  16302 Time(s)

Mr_Magoo.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Third on Wed. Reply with quote

Good 5.0/90L sailing at Third from the lower launch for 2 hrs. at ebb. 4.5 wind out at the channel. Starting to get a bit chilly but still not too bad. Only one sailing from the old launch. Wind was westerly and kinda choppy up close but nice on the outside.
LeeD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us stuck here in the Bay Area.......
Friday, 62 degrees at noon, Berkeley winds 16-23 mph, lasting until almost 3 PM.
Kinda cold in the morning, so I didn't show up till noon. One guy, 175 lbs. out with a 6.3 and 101 Futura at Kite Beach, Steve S, the foiler, shows at 12:30, rigs a 5.2.
I come back with g/f by 1:15, rig a 6.6 Ezzy and Futura 111 and manage 30 jibes before the wind hiccups at around 2PM, but still planable 3/4 of the time between the Frontage Road and Lordships, NNW, NNE, and sometimes N winds. Get another 25 odd jibes before heading back to the third dock in sub 18 mph breezes with lulls down to 10.
Fell in once, using the summer 5 year old wetsuit, not too bad.
poussin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on LeeD! Cool
Waterat Pat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Landing was firing 20 knots or so with some little bashable waves if your timing was on. Great way to start the year and a sign of good times to come.
A bit cold 45F had to break and warm up the hands at least once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 166 of 329

Jump to: