myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: #3 Stick on Thursday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
At the Stick from 1-3 pm. New 8.2 Avanti Condor(3 cams) and the JP Superllightwind for the 10 mph wind. Subplaning for over an hour ... ... Left before 3 as the wind was picking up to avoid the commute traffic

Something to be said about getting there late! I arrive at 3pm and the wind is significant. I rig my ACX 5.8, grab my Carbon Art 52 and off I go. I am the only one out fully planing and powered up! Very Happy Little by little people trickle in and the wind stays up until around 5.

Love my ACX! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tomorrow should still work and then is back to MTB!

Last edited by dvCali on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
bert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Stick on Sunday Reply with quote

Looked promising when I got to the Stick at 2pm so I rigged 5.9 Volt/110L RRD. The wind instead sputtered into the 10 mph range so it was mostly a slogfest for an hour and half with maybe 20 minutes of sporadic planing in the gusts. Still a good workout and better than doing nothing. Did backwinding, push tacks, heli's.etc. for most of the session to burn off some calories. Only one there as usual. Couple of storms brewing this coming week..may go to Princeton or Oysters for the SW winds on smaller gear. [/i]
bert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Embassy on Wednesday Reply with quote

5.7/110L at Embassy at low tide. Planing from the time I stepped on the board until the end of my hour and half session. Wind was a steady 16 to 19 the entire time from launch to the channel. The west wind made for chop that was tough on senior joints..a bit smoother just above the airport. Only duck jibes and tacks today. Tacking in chop requires more precise timing and speed..so much easier in the flat waters of the Stick and Haskins. Really enjoyed today's sailing Cool
loopy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: fun session yesterday Reply with quote

here's one of the late crew --

https://sail360.smugmug.com/Windsurf/2017/Mar-22-2017-some-smooth-some-bumpy/i-qHRnMjH
bert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Saturday at Third Reply with quote

Wind was at 7 mph on the inside and 14 mph in the channel. I was planing at 90% efficiency on the 8.2 Avanti Condor/Jp Superlightwind board. The big board was somewhat uncomfortable in the chop by the markers so I rode the troughs to improve the ride. Finally figuring out how to best rig the 3 cam condor for light wind and it has lots of low end grunt to keep me planing even in the light winds close to shore. Only windsurfer out this Saturday afternoon. One other kiter out, but he was struggling in the light conditions.
I think that the sailing season will really kick in this Monday..hope to get enough wind to go 4 sq meters and 80L smaller Cool
loopy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: washing machine Reply with quote

laundry time

DSC_6802.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.41 KB
 Viewed:  12821 Time(s)

DSC_6802.JPG

tomg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where Loopy took those photos?
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: #4 Crissy on Monday Reply with quote

Nice day at Crissy, powered with 5.0 and 85L. The wind is northerly, water is flat but of course choppy, and it ebbs a bit. Cold Shocked it makes me miss Baja but hei ... I am 10' away from my music studio so what am I complaining about! Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Monday Reply with quote

5.0/90L at PA. A bit gusty and quite choppy..good bump and jump conditions. 6 sailors out between 1-3 while the freestylers waited for lower tide and smoother waters after 3 pm. Guess that's why they call them the muddogs Rolling Eyes
Jorionw96

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to sail tomales Wednesday-Thursday. Hope there's a "crowed"! Love it but gets spooky solo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 171 of 329

Jump to: