myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bprice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: A.L Reply with quote

Today classic side off DTL head high. 84L 4.7 heaven.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: #16 Stik on Fri Reply with quote

Looked at Crissy but it seems weak and hard to get to the beach ... so off to Stick.

All by myself at 3 pm with Patrik 100 and 6.5, then Robert comes in with Patrik 110 and 7.8 and little by little half dozen others. The wind builds up significantly in the afternoon to get to be VERY powered up on 6.5 (not to mention 7.8 ). It drops around 5:30-6 and I call the day.

Not bad ... but I missed the nice Crissy day yesterday! Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
bert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Saturday Reply with quote

Wind was averaging 10 mph with lulls of 7 and gusts at 12 at Palo Alto at 3 pm. Got the big board planing at 11-12 with the 9.5 Retro but fell off the plane in the lulls and whenever I had to go upwind against the flood tide. I was planing half the time, which was good news considering the tepid winds. The bad news is that I may need to see my chiropractor for some spine traction therapy from the 2 times I had to uphaul the big ass sail Sad

PA Sat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB
 Viewed:  10347 Time(s)

PA Sat.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: #17 Stik on Wed Reply with quote

Southwesterly, which when strong at the Stick means some great 2-2.5 miles long runs toward Sierra Point (longer than going to the North Tower!). Quite incredible what an Isonic 111 can do with a 6.5 and a light weight on board, but ... a weak southwesterly is a weak southwesterly and eventually ...

Nobody around, everybody in the death grip of the RAINY SEASON. Shocked

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges April 9, 10 & 19 Reply with quote

Been windsurfing Natural Bridges a few times of late. Each time there was good swell coming in and although winds were generally light, I had fun on the WindSUP. Like today was 9 to 11 knots when I started rigging, but had died to about 6 when I launched. Could not catch the swell which was occasionally eight feet on the face. However, after a few beseeching prayers to Poseidon, the wind came back up a bit and riding the swell was had. Much fun.

Having the WindSUP has increased my sessions on the water several fold as I can have fun in 9 knots. Plus it is a fairly forgiving set up, so I can still perform an adequate job of sailing it in my retirement years. Maybe something to consider if you find yourself in the same boat.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: #17 Stik on Wed Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:

I went late. Guess what I think I found your lost downhaul tool.... Wink
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good today, sea ya tomorrow Mike.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: #17 Stik on Wed Reply with quote

Goodwind wrote:
dvCali wrote:

I went late. Guess what I think I found your lost downhaul tool.... Wink

Ops ... lost it again ... I need to put it on a leash! Embarassed
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: #18 Crissy on Thu Reply with quote

Not such a great day at Crissy but sailable. I am out with the Carbon Art 52 and the 5.8, nicely powered up if I do not go too far out or too far in. Very flat inside with some swell outside where the CA feels a bit like a crazy little horse that wants to power jump over any ramp. Fun, if a bit fatiguing (am I getting old? yes I am).

Lot of windsurfers out, mostly on slalom gear. Some brave souls on 4.7-5.0 don't really do that well.

By 5 the wind has dropped a bit, and I call they day although the Patrik and 6.5 could work fine if I had the energy to re-rig Very Happy
loopy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe's territory

DSC_8139.JPG
 Description:
joe's territory
 Filesize:  89.69 KB
 Viewed:  9922 Time(s)

DSC_8139.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 175 of 329

Jump to: