myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley at 3:30, probably hit the max WNW, then a lull to full on NW.
Fun taking off from the third dock heading towards Derrick's launch, backwards, but after one jibe, got downwind to the wind and planed OK with a 6 meter and 96 liter board. Some lulls outside, obviously dead inside on the NW, and came it just as the wind started to crank up to the 30 range, oh well, my timing is pretty bad anyways.
Tomorrow NW might try R&G, or maybe Pt.Isabelle, or maybe Alameda, all of which were extremely gusty up and down all afternoon.
bert

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Saturday Reply with quote

Scaled down repeat of yesterday's sailing at Palo Alto, almost 20 mph with higher gusts on the outside. Rigged wrong with 6.2/100L slalom setup which was way too big and made for a jarring ride in the flood chop. Made a run to the east shore and a few runs on the inside and called it quits after only a half hour. For some reason there was a hitch in my giddyup today..,kinda tired and a bit bored. Probably been sailing too much (#42 session) .. need a change or a new challenge. Been thinking a lot about windsurf foiling lately..
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto on Saturday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
... For some reason there was a hitch in my giddyup today..,kinda tired and a bit bored. Probably been sailing too much (#42 session) .. need a change or a new challenge. Been thinking a lot about windsurf foiling lately..

Time to teach an old dog new tricks Wink go sailing in the afternoon when it is windy! your time frame misses out most of the great sailing the Bay offers! Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davide,

If I do that I'll miss my 4 pm senior nap!
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Davide,

If I do that I'll miss my 4 pm senior nap!

I know but ... no wonder you are getting bored sailing 12 to 2pm! Change nap time! Mine is 15' anywhere between 12:30 and 1:30.
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toll Plaza was solid 4.0/90 [small guy] for couple hours yesterday. Nice swells at spots and flatter near shore
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

Shared a good laugh with Davide at Coyote this Sunday. Saw his van as I was leaving after 3 pm and stopped to say Hi. He thought that I had come to my senses and was following his advice about sailing later in the afternoon when the wind was good. Told him that I had already finished my session and was going home to take my nap Laughing
First one out after 1 pm on a 6.2/110 during flood. Wind was low teens from the west on the inside and about 17-18 on the outside. Pointed high as I could once I was powered and sailed out to the channel to getaway from the voodoo flood chop. It was fun out there as the sail and board was well suited for the conditions. Pretty much planing the entire time.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Shared a good laugh with Davide at Coyote this Sunday. Saw his van as I was leaving after 3 pm and stopped to say Hi. He thought that I had come to my senses and was following his advice about sailing later in the afternoon when the wind was good. Told him that I had already finished my session and was going home to take my nap Laughing
First one out after 1 pm on a 6.2/110 during flood ...

Yes, but it is good advise! Wink Out with 85/5.0 for a very nice 2 hours in choppy water with very little swell. Must say that after the absurdist chop at Crissy last Friday the chop felt small and kind of cute!
bert

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

Repeat 1 -2:30 pm session at Coyote this Monday.. shared the water with 2 foil kiters. Fully powered in the flood on my 110L/6.2 North and sailed 6 miles up to markers 6 and 7. Sat on my board between the 2 markers for awhile..reflecting and taking in the vastness of the Bay.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: #34 Crissy on MOnday Reply with quote

A comfortable 4.3, with the wind a bit up and down, the direction off coming from the north, and a quite short wind corridor (no way to get to the north tower). Choppy as usual, with the sometimes under powered conditions making for maneuvering a bit tricky.

Sunny but cold Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 182 of 329

Jump to: