myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: rest day Reply with quote

Decided to rest this Sunday and tend the garden...can't always be windsurfing. My herbs really add zip to my wife's chicken adobo Wink

Bert's herb garden.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB
 Viewed:  13434 Time(s)

Bert's herb garden.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Monday Reply with quote

The Peninsula has been good this past week. Today (Monday) it was blowing close to 20 by the beach at noontime. Three early birds ( a foil kiter and 2 of us on foils ) were in the water at 1 pm. I was on a 4.2 Hucker and the other guy rigged 5.7.

20180730_124911.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.96 MB
 Viewed:  13319 Time(s)

20180730_124911.jpg

windward1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert,
Is that a lamppost behind the tail of the orange board or a new type of hydrofoil in a position that lets you also foil upside down?
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Bert's custom recliner bar. Once he is up and flying, he can lean back and settle his butt onto the device and save his knees. It also has a pre-installed satellite dish for TV, Internet, Sat Phone, and wi-fi. He's still trying to work out where to put the cooler.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Bert,
Is that a lamppost behind the tail of the orange board or a new type of hydrofoil in a position that lets you also foil upside down?

It's there to allow me to foil out of an under-rotated loop..breathing becomes a problem however if I'm unable to get the deck foil up.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject: Coyote Jul 31 Reply with quote

Another perfect Coyote day, very powered up with 4.3 on the outside. first time out with my Starboard 81 in single fin mode and .... I must say I like it ... a lot. Speed way up, upwind as good if not better, easier to jibe, just a little bit less stable powered up down wind. It did some lovely runs on the outside, in the smooth swell and it is was a real marvel. Not so sure any longer that the tri fin is such a great idea for B&J ...
bert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Friday at 3rd Reply with quote

Today was my 100th session for the year. Foiled with Dimitry just after 1 pm in really light winds..he on a 4.5 and I went 6.0 Flyer. Wind picked up a bit at 1:30 so we were both up on our foils. Can't last more than an hour as my knees aren't holding up and will be replaced in October finally. I'm apprehensive as I've never had surgery before and my Medicare coverage is with Kaiser..I've heard stories about Kaiser. With my luck they'll either take out the wrong knee or cut my nuts off instead..and I need my cajones to sail aggressively Sad
SPQR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife's aunt had one knee replaced at Mills Peninsula and the other at Kaiser. Other than Mills was nicer to stay at she said the Kaiser knee job went better. Good luck!
bert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Sunday at Dumbarton Bridge Reply with quote

Bored with foiling I decided to do some old fashioned power sailing at Dumbo on a 100L RRD and 5.0 Volt. Had to tack twice to get away from the bridge to better wind. This is one of 13 launch sites on this side of the Bay that I try to do each year. I could never sail at the same spot like some windsurfers tend to do..they might as well have their names embossed on the curb where they usually park. I get my stoke in sailing a different location and using different boards (I have 8 in active use). The Bay is blessed with so many different spots to sail, each different and unique..much like women Wink

Dumbo on Sunday.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  977.42 KB
 Viewed:  11566 Time(s)

Dumbo on Sunday.jpg

Wilson at Dumbo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Viewed:  11566 Time(s)

Wilson at Dumbo.jpg

bert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Tuesday Reply with quote

The local pond had better wind than 3rd, Coyote or the Stick. I was on a 4.7 at 2 pm. I was all by my lonesome as usual. BTW, this is kinda random, but the Toyota Previa is a great windsurf van..25 mpg, roomy and dependable. Mine is a 1991 with almost 250K miles.

Palo Alto on Tuesday.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB
 Viewed:  10905 Time(s)

Palo Alto on Tuesday.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 235 of 329

Jump to: