myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwarn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: N/A Reply with quote

Nice day at TI

GP032022-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.15 MB
 Viewed:  16120 Time(s)

GP032022-1.jpg

GP032022-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  16120 Time(s)

GP032022-2.jpg

loopy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: oh shit moment (if it were me..) Reply with quote

did he make it?

Resize of DSC_6563.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  533.16 KB
 Viewed:  15283 Time(s)

Resize of DSC_6563.JPG

loopy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleared for take off!

for rest of the sequence and other action, check out:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/12GEu8ApuardFNYouHJ-cIuhBS6_DJ0iA

Resize of DSC_6564.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  350.36 KB
 Viewed:  14869 Time(s)

Resize of DSC_6564.JPG

windward1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: 2020-05-08 Windsurfing Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Three folk had fun at Natural Bridges today. Two 7.0s and one 6.1. One did break his boom in three places upon exiting the ocean.

Getting to the ocean was a bit of a trek. One-third mile from where I parked near an entrance to the water. That meant I hiked a mile carrying gear as I did it in two parts leap-frogging along the route. And another mile afterwards. Parking is closed. Park beaches are closed between 11 am and 5:00 p.m. However, water-related board sports and kayaking is allowed at these times as long as there is just a beach crossing or two involved. These are Santa Cruz County Rules set up by the local Health Official. The local State Park decided to follow them instead of the State rules. Thank goodness. But I do not think that fits into the Civics I learned in Junior High School. But that is OK, I'll take it.

The rule may seem strange, but it is designed to discourage outsiders from coming to the county.

So, while I am posting this to report the session, I am not encouraging those from out of town to come. I would not want anyone to make the trip and possibly be turned away. I am not sure they are doing that, but given the intent of their rules, I would be concerned.

Best wind is between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is no one sailing? or is it that no one is reporting their sailing?
kcorr1

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: 5/10 Crissy aggressive Reply with quote

You've heard of passive aggressive? No, Crissy aggressive. Upwards of 30 knot gusts in low 20s sustained on waning ebb. Every wstart was a near judo throw. Had people asking how I got there. "The fence only works if the rabbit isn't inside the carrot patch prior to the fence", I said.[/b]
windward1

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: 2020-05-16 Windsurfing Privates Reply with quote

Launched at New Brighton today. Saw a sign indicating a shark sighting. Park person came by in her truck as I was getting ready to launch and asked if I had ever kitesurfed before. I said I had tried once in Mexico, but I was getting ready to windsurf at the moment, which I had done for over forty years. We laughed. I asked about the shark sighting. She had seen it the day before in the water right where I was launching only five feet from shore. She said it was about 6 to 8 feet long. I told I had seen one last Fall while SUPping that was about the same size.
Launched and tacked up the coast passing paddle boarders and kayakers. Caught a few waves here and there. Saw another windsurfer out up the coast near Privates. Sailed on up past Capitola and windsurfed Privates as well. Best waves were there.
Thought the wind was dying a bit, so headed back. Chased a Hobie Cat and caught a few waves along the way.
Off of New Brighton out about a mile and a half was a ship, which appeared to be a Coast Guard ship and it was turning this way and that like it was looking for something. A red helicopter flew out near it and then seemed to go off like it was looking for something. It eventually did several runs along the shoreline. I do not see anything on the news and do not know what that was all about.
Pic of windsurfing a wave at Privates below:
[img][/img]

05-16-2020 Windsurfing a Wave at Privates 01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  464.4 KB
 Viewed:  12224 Time(s)

05-16-2020 Windsurfing a Wave at Privates 01.png

ctuna

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is New Brighton open for parking now?
dllee

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surfed scores of 6' + days at Privates. Always wondered if the wind direction would ever be like N. Reef Davenport.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ctuna,

No, the parking lot is closed. It was a 1/4 mile hike with and elevation gain of 155 feet with part of the route using tree roots for foot steps and having to cross streets with a rigged sail upon my head. Not easy. I leap frogged my gear in two parts so it was 3/4 of a mile total walking both getting to the beach and leaving.
Also, beware of leaving after 5 p.m. Everyone is coming to the beach in droves at that time. Half of the time trying to get the gear back to the van was waiting for clearance.

Hi DLee,

I SailSUP both Privates and Vivians. Love both. Even with similar side-shore winds they just feel completely different. To me, anyway.

W1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 291, 292, 293 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 292 of 329

Jump to: