myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 01-11-2014 Reply with quote

Out today at Natural Bridges for about three hours today. On an Angulo SUP 10' 10" with an Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. Good swell coming in. Wind was in the ten knot range so the Sailing SUP was the call. Initially, if the puffs happened when the swell set was coming in, I could catch it. Otherwise it was likely a miss. Later the wind picked up and playing on the swell was easier. Caught a fair amount in the four to five foot range and one that was overhead. Also just missed going over the falls on a well overhead wave. Crashed at the crest. A few feet closer to shore and it would have played mayhem with my gear and possibly my body.
What a fun day! My first sailing this year. I have been SUPping (paddling) a fair amount. Interesting to use the same board under paddle power and wind power. All is fun, but I prefer it with wind.
loopless

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Tourmaline 1-20-2014 Reply with quote

Head-high+++ sets, 100 yd+ rides from outside Hairmos, 6.3/100L boards. the few kites went home when it got too side-off for them. Mostly no surfer conflict as no one can paddle into the outside sets.
eghoffman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairmos?
loopless

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the reef outside at PB point.
eghoffman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Didn't know it had a separate name. With any luck, we'll get a little bit of wind this weekend and you can see me hiding from the swell in the cove.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Waddell Creek 01-27-2014 Reply with quote

Wind was light at Waddell Creek Beach, so much so, that there were not any kiters out, when I first went out about 1:45 p.m. I sailed my Angulo 10' 10" G'ud with an Ezzy 7.0 and played on the swell outside of the break. Some of the faces of the breaking waves were up to ten feet. Sailed for about an hour, came in for some water and then back out for more. Early on it was 4 to 5 knots then for awhile went up to 9 to 10 knots and later dropped back. At 9 to 10 knots the swell was catchable and some speed could be had. At 4 to 5 knots, with the steeper swells and some pumping, I could get only some. After awhile three kiters showed up. One made it out for a little bit, one played on the inside on the broken waves, and one stayed on the beach for what I could tell from out on the water. Then after I had come in, another windsurfer went out with regular wave gear. He did well riding the waves despite that there was so little wind. It had to have been difficult. Then the wind died and he came in. The other kiters had all given it up. The wind came back a bit at sundown.
cdwedge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how thick the elephant seals are at Arroyo Laguna right now? Some wind coming towards end of the week.
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Jan 30th Stick Reply with quote

Summer day at the Stick: not the perfect direction but well powered up with a 4.3 all afternoon. At least 8 people out for a very early day in the season!!! Very Happy

Stopped at around 4pm after a good two hours, on the way home I went SUP-ing at lake Merced, go figure why Question
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.3 at the Stick?? Shit, I'm still in my hibernation mode..didn't realize that there was wind. Gonna start paying more attention to the wind forecasts Shocked
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bert wrote:
4.3 at the Stick?? Shit, I'm still in my hibernation mode..didn't realize that there was wind. Gonna start paying more attention to the wind forecasts Shocked

I was very surprised too ... Today was also sailable but with much bigger stuff, tomorrow still westerly, I might show up with the Isonic.

=====> Monday the forecast is Breezy 15-20 WNW Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 31 of 329

Jump to: