myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Coyote Jul 25 Reply with quote

Great day at Coyote, wind comes in early and never leaves. Perfectly powered up with a 5.0, I spend 2 hours around the outside marks. Not too much swell but ... cannot have everything Sad Quite a lot of people out, spread in the huge playground we run into each other at the marks. Very Happy
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Thurs. Jul 24 Reply with quote

7.3 almost planing to barely moving. At least there was enough water to cover the eel grass beds.

Better than not sailing, which is what the wind had left me with day after day.

Several kiters out, nobody else sailing.
koogzah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI exceeded forecast (and expectations) by roughly 50%. Sails ranged from 4.0-4.8 with those on the lower end the most dialed. But no one was complaining.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erratic Berkeley at it's best/worst today....
Early crowd at 1, smooth steady rising winds, powered 6.0 and sweet.
3PM Berkeley, schitzoid 1-25, with lulls almost E winds, then short period blasts.
5PM Berk, solid, steady 16-21 for over 45 minutes, then a switch to SW and zero to 7.
Jason on a foil, 7.0, smooth powered foil sailing.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the departure of monsoonal cloud in the area the last couple of weeks, two good days in a roll at the Stick (Thursday and today). Powered on 4.7/90 both days with about 15 sailors out from 3 to 6. Today's wind chart is kinda weird. Just when the wind was steadily at its peak (~22-25 mph) from 5 to 6, the chart is showing a dip to ~15 average. As soon as the wind started dropping around 6:15, the wind chart shot up to 21 mph. Rolling Eyes
bert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto Reply with quote

5.3/95L trifin at Palo Alto in 16 mph winds. Was planing throughout. Worked on my helitacks and ducks as I've gotten a little rusty by not doing them . Wore only boardshorts and waist harness just like that German dude. Water was warm..felt like I was in the Islands.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto Reply with quote

bert wrote:
5.3/95L trifin at Palo Alto in 16 mph winds. Was planing throughout. Worked on my helitacks and ducks as I've gotten a little rusty by not doing them . Wore only boardshorts and waist harness just like that German dude. Water was warm..felt like I was in the Islands.

he's Polish

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
victor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarification:

the german dude's polish. maybe bert is, too.
bert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Coyote Point Reply with quote

Went from 6.2/95L at 2pm to 5.0 at 3 and could have gone to 4.2/80L at the channel at 4 pm Good crowd and vibrations at Coyote...that's why I love sailing here most weekends.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Coyote and TI Reply with quote

Two good days. Coyote Saturday very powered up in the channel with 5.0 + 85 FSW: steady winds! TI on Sunday very up and down but otherwise fun. Big swings from 5.0 powered up to slogging at intervals of 30-45'. But very smooth swell, little chop, kind of idyllic conditions. Very Happy Lots of people out, at least 20-25. Time to move to TI that I ignored a bit this year, the drive is shorter than Coyote and it is a close call what spot is better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 57 of 329

Jump to: