myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point on 09-24-2014 Reply with quote

Launched with the Angulo 10'10" and the Ezzy Cheetah 7.0. I had just measured the wind at 8.4 knots at the top of the stairs at 38th Avenue. Well, when I got out there I was being blown off the water as it was gusting strong and long at about twenty knots! I did try to ride it for a while, but I was way overpowered. Went back in and rigged the Ezzy 5.2 and took out the Naish Titan. I was so looking forward to playing in that strong wind with something with footstraps. Alas, it was not to be. The wind had backed way off. So in again to the beach I went and took the Angulo and Cheetah back out. That was perfect for the conditions at that point. The wind came in waves as did the sets so I just had to put the two together. When that happened I was rewarded with great rides.
Quite a few surfers, at least more than usual, at Third Peak, so I did not have it all to myself. No worries though, it worked out fine. I just needed to remain alert.
I quit when the wind was pretty much giving out.
Pleasure Point sure is a fun place to windsurf. Nice when I can find parking so I do not need to leave early to get back "home".
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.L., 5.2 with some sweet waves today, looking forward to even better conditions tomorrow and Saturday.
bprice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Friday Funday Reply with quote

A.L. nice today. A little 4.7, then a lot of 4.2 with some decent waves, but it was a bit bumpy. Water still strangely warm and no need for the heavy suit. Maybe an early sail tomorrow while its still smooth and before the tide peaks.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-26-2014 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges today. Myself on a 4.7. Five folk out. There was lightning, hail and rain over Santa Cruz while we were sailing. Then it cleared up. Looked like tropical trade wind clouds in the distance in various directions. Cool day!
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: 3rd Ave - Friday Reply with quote

3rd Ave - TGIF after work session. Strong wind good through sunset. Most maybe rigged too big, I was on 5.0, but 4.5 would have worked. Ebbing cycle, some steep ramps for big pops, good bumps, some nice fat rolling swell, and a backdrop of dramatic cloudscapes. Typical fun Fall clearing winds sort of setup.

Maybe good again this afternoon...

Windward1 did anybody sail the surf break at Natural Bridges yesterday?

windward1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SwellRipper,
I do not think anyone sailed the surfbreak although I was not out the whole time that people were windsurfing. I do not remember even seeing any surfers out as the surf break was not really going off. Only an occasional swell face to play on for me as they were few and far between and not very big.
W1
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-27-2014 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges had wind again today. A bit gusty, but six folk out. No strange weather in the surrounding area like yesterday had.
No real swell to play on, but there was the ocean wind chop in abundance.
bprice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good A.L. day. Hit it early as planned and got some nice glassy faced sets with the 4.7. Must say, since the water is still so warm, how wonderful it is to be using a thinner short sleeve suit and no hood in the waves. Less weight, more freedom of movement, and faster on/off too.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Stick 26 and 27 Reply with quote

Two Stick days with 6.6 and Isonic. Powered up often all the way to Sierra Point but kind of disappointing top speed, 28.7 knots best 10 second average with the Isonic.

Maybe early next week Coyote, but the season is winding down.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Sail into the sunset at stick on Saturday 10-4 Reply with quote

Took my wife and kids to the free Blue Grass concert at Golden Gate Park today and almost missed out a great session at the stick. Started out at 5 Pm and sailed until 6:30PM on 5.3/100 under steady wind and delta like warm temperature. About a dozen satisfying sailors were there and one guy was still on the water as I was leaving at 7PM. First sunset sailing this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 73 of 329

Jump to: