myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timing is everything in these WNW shifty winds.
At Berk, I get 40 minutes on 6.0 and Isonic 111, then head in as breeze dies to rig the foil.
Distracted by questioneers, it takes 1/2 hour to make the switch while a bud foils around perfectly on his 6.5 and NP foil.
I get back out and slog/ foil 90/10 on foil, as the breeze continues to drop to 5-10.
Slog in and notice someone is foiling by Lordships on his 7.5, as the breeze rises back up to 8-15.
Can we trust this wind?
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Natural Bridges 04-13-2019 Reply with quote

Lifeguard would not let me launch. He wanted permission from his superior and could not interrupt the radio traffic for the request as there was an ongoing rescue at Manresa. Finally he can break in and permission is granted. Have not had that happen before.
Wind was up and down and there was some small swell to play on. Used my Angulo 10' 2" with an Ezzy Elite 6.1. Worked well for the conditions. Played for about two hours and went in. Had to carefully land as the beach was pretty full.
Another windsurfer showed up, so back out I went.
All in all, a good day. Had fun!
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject: Solid Stick Day Reply with quote

Very solid wind a touch south-westerly, overcast. Just five people out with 3.5 to 4.5 sails. Opened up all the way to Sierra Point. Around 4:30 turns west and decreases becoming a bit gustier.

FUN!!!! Very Happy
kevinkan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foiling wind early and windsurfing wind late has been the pattern the last couple days at Candlestick (Tuesday and Wednesday).

4.2 foiling for me followed by moderate wind windsurfing. Most freestylers on 4.8 setups and 5.5-5.8 for the freeride guys.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Wed at Stick Reply with quote

The strange season continues with conditions that are more reminiscent of September rather than April ...

I get to the beach at 3:30 and it is a bit up and down. It takes me the longest time to decide if to go foiling or take out my slalom board. Eventually, after rigging 3 sails and a half [ what? Embarassed yes: 4.8 foiling, no wait 4.3, no wait wind is up, 5.8 slalom, no wait I don't want to be under powered, 6.5 ... my gods! I am loosing my mind! Embarassed ] I go out with the venerable Exocet Warp Slalom 90L and Point-7 6.5. Very nicely powered up, almost ideal conditions. A LOT OF FUN!

I am the second to last out of the water, John is foiling back, at 6:30 or so, but by 7:00 the wind picks up steady and stronger ... night sailing in the future? Shocked
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: DvCali is this yesterday as its 5:42 now on the 19th Reply with quote

DvCali is this yesterday as its 5:42 now on the 19th

oops didn't see Wed mentioned till now.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DvCali is this yesterday as its 5:42 now on the 19th Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
DvCali is this yesterday as its 5:42 now on the 19th

oops didn't see Wed mentioned till now.

Yes, it was yesterday April 18. Today it was much worse. Maybe Coyote was better but the wind went from 4.2-4.8 to zero in half hour and than it never came back ... oh well ... tomorrow Coyote should blow happily
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shifty Friday at Berk, I caught the two peaks while on foil and lightwind slalom, with lulls sub 7 and thigh high windswell. Didn't learn anything positive after riding 2 sails and 3 boards.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd was actually decent. 4.6/88l wave. windier than i thought it was going to be. a bit choppy in the channel, but there was some nice, organized swell at times. Inside was more regular. after two hours the wind dropped sharply for a bit, and I came in, but those who stuck it out were rewarded. Was actually nice and windy when I left at 7:15pm

nice to windsurf powered up after having only foiling wind the last three days.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
TheItalianJobber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissy Saturday 4/20 , 2-3:3pm

Classic Chrissy with 90L/4.5 (but 80L/4.0 would have worked too)
Basically sailed in the 500 yards in front of the ruined pier West from the rock, up and down the steep ramps.
Best Chrissy for me in a loooong time!

5-6 sailors out at the beginning, then everybody showed up when it started ebbing, but the swell seemed to go down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 251 of 329

Jump to: