myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 261, 262, 263 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make your choices.
Larkspur has been a 20 minute drive from Sunset district this weekend at 1pm.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Tigers Reply with quote

At Oysters just past noon this Monday on the foil. A bit of wind just beyond the launch to elevate the foil to the Genentech Pt. wind shadow. Slogged a bit at Genentech then pumped to the first of 3 wind channels towards the airport side of Tigers. Some of the gusts in the wind zones were close to 30 with up and down conditions..milked it so I was up 80% of the time. I was on the 4.2 Hucker and JP 135 in not ideal foiling conditions but I had a fucking good time! Foiled for and hour and 15 at Tigers then headed back. Wind can be weird at the point and it switched around and backwinded me. Caught a gust and floated back to to the launch. Had a smile back to the van because my knees are holding up and finally feeling better after my stem cell injections last October.

Oyster to Tigers on Monday.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  8954 Time(s)

Oyster to Tigers on Monday.jpg

kevinkan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
dllee wrote:
Larkspur's been 5.2 winds except today Monday.
Not good enough?
Pt.Isabelle has been 4.5 wind.
San Pablo Bay has been well over 25 for a week.

Hello Lee, I am aware that the east Bay might work on a SW or when the West Bay is under the fog (I have been sailing these waters since 1986!). Problem is that the East Bay, or even TI, is not reachable from San Francisco unless one wants to drive 2-2.5 hours plus round trip. Larkspur is closer to my home but to take the GG bridge on Saturday/Sunday is not so wise ... During the week it might be an option if one leaves very early, but I have other stuff to do in the morning other than windsurfing. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So more MTB today! I am getting in very good shape!

also consider PA. When the wind is SW at Coyote and 3rd, PA is often NW or NNW. It's only about 10 more minutes past Coyote. the crowd there is fun.

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
dvCali wrote:
dllee wrote:
Larkspur's been 5.2 winds except today Monday.
Not good enough?
Pt.Isabelle has been 4.5 wind.
San Pablo Bay has been well over 25 for a week.

Hello Lee, I am aware that the east Bay might work on a SW or when the West Bay is under the fog (I have been sailing these waters since 1986!). Problem is that the East Bay, or even TI, is not reachable from San Francisco unless one wants to drive 2-2.5 hours plus round trip. Larkspur is closer to my home but to take the GG bridge on Saturday/Sunday is not so wise ... During the week it might be an option if one leaves very early, but I have other stuff to do in the morning other than windsurfing. Shocked Shocked Shocked

So more MTB today! I am getting in very good shape!

also consider PA. When the wind is SW at Coyote and 3rd, PA is often NW or NNW. It's only about 10 more minutes past Coyote. the crowd there is fun.

I have not sailed PA in probably 30 years!!!! I'll keep it in mind. Stick was fun today in a kind of demented way Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access 2019-07-11 Wind Wing Reply with quote

Lots of Summer wind with a nice ebb tide in the middle of the afternoon makes for fun in the sun. Here's a Wind Wing, but there were several foils and kites and windsurfers too. There were even a few kids learning to windsurf, so maybe there will be someone to replace all of the Old Timers! There should always be someone windsurfing.

Sherman Island Access 2019-07-11 Wind Wing.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  950.01 KB
 Viewed:  8648 Time(s)

Sherman Island Access 2019-07-11 Wind Wing.JPG

Sherman Island 2019-07-11 Wind Wing.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  219.23 KB
 Viewed:  8652 Time(s)

Sherman Island 2019-07-11 Wind Wing.JPG

windward1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: 2019-07-11 La Selva Beach Reply with quote

Another mile and a half of the Santa Cruz County Coast covered. I can see why no one windsurfs the South County. Winds are most unreliable, usually light, swell and chop from multiple directions make for challenges to say the least. Just about camped out on the beach at La Selva Beach for two days being rigged and suited up and not getting to go (Sunday & Monday). Got out today though and sort of forced it. Made it, but it was touch and go as to whether I would not be hiking back with the gear.
Track below:
[img][/img]

2019-07-11 Windsurfing La Selva Beach to Seascape & Back.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  8629 Time(s)

2019-07-11 Windsurfing La Selva Beach to Seascape & Back.png

dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: July 12 to 14: 3 Days at Coyote Reply with quote

Finally a regular NW pattern: it took four months to establish. Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am out Friday with Firelight 50 + Starboard 81 (too much outside), Saturday Firelight 4.3 and than 5.0 + Starboard 81 (always too little), and Sunday Severne Freek 4.8 with RRD 90 (just right when I finally find 1 squared mile with enough wind somewhere between the outside markers and east of Embassy Suites).

It was fun to surf the swell in displacement but just to keep in mind: it is mid July already, rig BIG!!!!!!! Surprised

Last edited by dvCali on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank G, finally NW pattern has developed.
Foil winds in E and N bay with Pt.Isa mostly 15-23.
Be careful what u ask for. Been getting foiling winds for the past 5 daze.
bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: Big hit at Coyote Reply with quote

I got clobbered big time at Coyote after a failed foil jibe on the outside..board was too high before the sail flip and I overfoiled, sending the board forward in the same direction as I was falling..ouch. Hit the board with my head and saw stars..I may start to wear a helmet but it might mess up my full head of hair Sad
I was using my JP 135 with my new Naish 4.7 Lift ( great foil sail) with the winds at 15 on the inside and close to 25 at the airport just past noon.

4.7 Lift.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB
 Viewed:  8290 Time(s)

4.7 Lift.jpg

Last edited by bert on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley died around 2:30, went SUP as it starts to rise.
Get just over an hour foiling in 6-16 and 40 minutes on Fanatic Skate in 12-22 both on 5.7.
The wind stayed till past 8 somewhere in between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 261, 262, 263 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 262 of 329

Jump to: