myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bprice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another enjoyable foiling day at Lopez. Thanks to IW forecast team for fixing the forecasted wind direction issue. And thanks to Lopez and SLO county ranger staff for keeping the day use open (for now). Spotted a huge golden eagle today and the usual bald eagle too. Spring is here but heavy rain for the next few days now.

Last edited by bprice on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to hear you still have access to the lake!
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject: Land sailers look at a box outside the usual think Reply with quote

Where I live there are absolutely no large parking lots in or next to parks. The available large parking lots are at public schools, churches, universities, & a few businesses. I sailed Friday at an empty, except for one other vehicle, 940 spaces lot at University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls IA.

Wherever you are, you might have lots you don't usually go to because they are usually too crowded, but are now empty.

I hope you can find one and can get part of a windsurfing fix with longboard skateboards, mountain boards, or sit-down land sailing trikes while wearing elbow pads, knee pads, bulky clothing & motorcycle or bicycle helmets.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few people wing-boarding at Crissy right now at 5PM. Are we allowed to sail in San Francisco county?

https://www.parksconservancy.org/parks/park-web-cams
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwind wrote:
Quite a few people wing-boarding at Crissy right now at 5PM. Are we allowed to sail in San Francisco county?

https://www.parksconservancy.org/parks/park-web-cams

In the county ordinance there is no specific prohibition to sail.

But you are not supposed to travel by car unless you have an essential need. And I am not sure if you are supposed to enter a Park, even without a car.

But a few people are wind-boarding at Crissy, sailing at Stick, and at Coyote out of the ASD take off ... I plan to go maybe once a week when I am already out for groceries.

Bans do not seems to be enforced that strictly (yesterday there was a group of ... idiots? ... playing a soccer game on the beach at Crissy ... hugs included when somebody scored). But infections are steadily if slowly rising in the Bay Area.
Gwarn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: N/A Reply with quote

N/A

GP012017-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB
 Viewed:  10370 Time(s)

GP012017-1.jpg

GOPR2017-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB
 Viewed:  10370 Time(s)

GOPR2017-1.jpg

windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley had the goods today. It was my first dip in the bay this season! It was good to see our crusty old gang. I love every one of them! Evil or Very Mad Wink
bprice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super fun day at Lopez with 4 WS foils and 2 wings out. Wind was upper teens +/-3, mostly filled in, and went long enough to make some fun knee high swell to ride. About 3 inches of rain this past week so we lost a little beach which is a good thing. Grassy rigging hillside is muddy and slippery in spots so be careful.

Staff just started a max number of vehicles per day so be aware.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: TI April 13 Reply with quote

Oh well it had to happen ... I never sailed TI in April and I got swapped away! Before the traffic made getting there impossible TI was my July to August treat when the fog came over Crissy and I cannot remember ever rigging bigger than 5. Yesterday the wind looked solid but apparently looks can be deceiving. I should have checked with Bill, who at my same weight went out with 100+5.3, but instead I went out out RRD 90 plus 4.9 and I was barely on a plane the whole time ... add the flood, moderate but there ... add the f@#$@ KS3 that de-powers if you look at it and ... drift ... and drift ... and drift.

Ending up landing on the other side of the Island. I don't think I missed my landing by this amount in 34 years of sailing the Bay Area! Maybe a couple of times landed at Crissy Sail Club beach ... off by 50 yards. I got lucky because if the wind dropped outside I would have landed at Berkeley. Live and learn! Next time is 6.5 and my (well ... Robert's) Exocet slalom!

TI.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.95 KB
 Viewed:  9836 Time(s)

TI.jpeg

Last edited by dvCali on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
greytwhyte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: TI April 13 Reply with quote

Don't feel bad DvCali, it has happened to almost all of us that sail TI regularly including on the flood days. You're experience yesterday wasn't the worst. I just spoke to a buddy who launched at TI and like you thought it was windier than it was. He went 82 ltr wave board with a 21cm swept back wave fin. Oopps!! He sailed down to the Toll Plaza and luckily got a ride back with someone who was windsurfing from there with all the kiters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 288, 289, 290 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 289 of 329

Jump to: