myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fin choice and overpowered upwind issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gear can make some differences. sailors make way more. try different boom heights, sheeting angles, and body positions. some people have a harder time going down wind than up. that was one of my beginner problems.

if you are sailing alone often, try a instructional resource or 2 for more references. if you sail with a bunch, try to form a group that wants to experiment with technique enhancement discussions and sessions. try a few new things with at least one buddy that keeps his/her stuff/technique the same as a control. sail close to each other in a manner that no one is getting gassed....

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
xander.arch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on getting yourself and your gear dialed in!

I shouldn't add anything to complicate the matter, but ...... for going upwind I way prefer a sliding harness hook over the fixed version. The sliding hook allows me to really rotate my hips out towards the front of the board which translates to higher points of attack for me. Ive tried the fixed hook harnesses a couple of times and really struggled getting my body into the proper upwind stance that fellas are describing here. The bummer with the sliding hook is that the hook stays where it was when you fall. This means you have to use the process of hooking in to recenter the hook sometimes. But I'm used to that and don't mind.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roller bars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: