myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sail plug repair advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windswell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: no problems with shortened mast plug Reply with quote

I intentionally cut off the shafts on my plugs about where your's is shortened. This made it easier for me to seat the mast tip, and to be sure it was fully seated on the plug, and to get the damn plug out of the sail sleeve. I've been sailing this way for 6 years with no problems.
gobbdogg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep- agree with previous post- the length is more than adequate as is- the downhaul tension holds it in- once it's seated, no problem- and shorter is easier to get out... NBD--- no big deal- happy sailing- can we have some? wind that is.
Allison_cs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went to Rickenbacker Cswy (Key Biscayne) today, and the sail shop there didn't have the type of plug I needed, so I just rigged using the plug as is. Worked fine, and I had a fun session despite the light wind.

gobbdogg & windswell - Yeah, I found it actually easier to get the shorter plug seated properly in the mast and I had no problem downhauling. Very Happy

My mast is a NoLimitz RDM and I'm not sure whether the standard plug will fit. Like some have said on here, standardized isn't guaranteed to work with all equipment. I'll keep looking, but in the meantime at least the plug works and I can still rig that sail. Thanks again for all the tips and feedback!

*Edit - mast is actually NoLimitz, not Fiberspar like I originally wrote (mast bag is Fiberspar)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: