myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jibing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I promised to stay out of this, but it has gotten so funny I can't stop laughing. Have any of you seen The Best Little Whore House in Texas? Charles Dunning (probably spelled wrong) does a song where he side steps every question. Well if you have seen the movie you would know EXACTLY what I'm laughing about.

Mike is so famous that Cort has named a jibe after him, so knowledgeable that he interprets Wyatts words (I bet Wyatt doesn't even know you). Yet a simple video would be all that needed to show that he is MORE than words and MORE than puffed up self importance. Yet when this is put before him he dances around the question. He will type PAGES and PAGES showing his knowledge but won't take the effort of a simple video???? . Anybody with ANY Character and skill would want to answer that challenge. PLEASE that says it all.

Words, just words. I agree...

Oh yeah Mike, I didn't TELL you want to do so you can shove your "Obamaland" where the sun don't shine (besides I came from ORANGE COUNTY which was SOLID Republican and Pro USA when I grew up). I CHALLENGED you to support your claims, but you ran off behind more words.....

Actually anybody with two brain cells who has sat through and read this entire thread is more than capable of making their own interpretation of your "skills".....

CWS, thanks for the pictures. I was hoping the "tens of thousands of jibes" would have given you inspiration, but I like your latest....
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
You really should seek help. Like maybe TA "Typists anonymous", or maybe OA "Opinions Anonymous", or perhaps IKIAA "I Know It All Anonymous". Seriously all joking aside, this probably borders on absurdity.

Which is a more egregious, obnoxious, arrogant, harmful, punchbowl-polluting activity … writing about windsurfing*, or attacking people personally because you disagree with their opinions, distorting what they say, putting words in their mouths, ordering them to STFU and keep their opinions to themselves, telling them how they must sail and what they must enjoy and do, accusing them of using drugs, making false accusations about them, how much and what they should type, and on and on and on.

* All you have to do stop me from responding to the above -- when I choose to do so -- is to stop doing the above. Is that too much to ask?
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. My 15-17 year old students wouldn't even do this, at least I hope not.
Bendover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

&\,??

Last edited by Bendover on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Which is a more egregious, obnoxious, arrogant, harmful, punchbowl-polluting activity … writing about windsurfing*, or attacking people personally because you disagree with their opinions, distorting what they say, putting words in their mouths, ordering them to STFU and keep their opinions to themselves, telling them how they must sail and what they must enjoy and do, accusing them of using drugs, making false accusations about them, how much and what they should type, and on and on and on."

Given this audacious long run-on sentence from our weasel from the Great Northwest, I though it apropos to repeat my earlier observations from page 10.

"isobars is always loaded and ready to go off. He can't help himself, and predictably, it's always the other guy at fault for "crapping in the punchbowl"".

Why can't isobars take responsibility for what he's repeatedly done to this thread, or for that matter, any of the other threads highlighted by others where he gets especially ugly and out of line?

Regarding the issue of censorship, isobars is the only person that participates on the iWindsurf forums that boldly claims to personally censor better than 30 people here. If he could pull it off, he would have iWindsurf ban each and every one of us. So instead, he professes to program his computer to censor out all the folks that he doesn't like. Of course, that's all a bunch of BS. If I told him to drop dead for being the ass he is, I bet he would conveniently "see" that post. isobars loves to play the victim, as evidenced above in his pitiful diatribe to johnl.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gybed about 25 times today ( is Beagle buddy still with us, or is he curled up in hysterics at the comic opera show he started?) on my 84 litre Exo Cross, in 4.7 B&J lawn mowing conditions.

None of them were gouging slashes kicking up tidal waves, none of them were planing carves, but all of them were quick and easy, can't be bothered making a thing of it ones.

One of the great things about old age (75 now) is that you can be mellow and just relish being at one with your old friend/adversary the great big sea. It tried to drown me once long ago (plucked out in nick of time and hospital) but I forgave it. Such is far from my mind nowadays.

The radical extreme wind days are no more for me. (Never really enjoyed them anyway. It was just survival.) The big surf days are now avoided since I'm not sure I could now keep up the fantastic energy expenditure anymore, to swim in through a tumbling impact zone. (Don't intend to put it to the test, thank you.)

Strangely enough, I've never felt happier. I can still windsurf/surf/ bike at 6 tenths effort or there abouts all day long, as the fancy takes, and I genuinely look forward to the adventure of the next ten years. LIfe is always full of surprises!

But then, I don't claim to be some sort of windsurfing guru, so have no need to produce a demonstration video! I just do my own 'thang'.
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
None of them were gouging slashes kicking up tidal waves, none of them were planing carves, but all of them were quick and easy, can't be bothered making a thing of it ones.

At 75 I hope I am able to do the same. Bravo, Gurgle!

beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this topic is too argumentative, perhaps we could talk about something less controversial, FFF or BFF? Surprised
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: On Purpose? Reply with quote

beaglebuddy,

What hath thou wroth?

And what are you wrothing right now?!

Did you do this on purpose?!!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G.T., you're my hero. I can only hope to be on the water like you at 75. You've got the focus. The beach is where it's happening, whether or not you can still jibe and show your stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: