myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tabou Waveboard Owners Forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sollner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[U2cubed said: Weather the PW has any toe or not it should still really benefit from the K4 LS fins]
It definitely does! I was shocked how much less drag there was compared to the stock fin set.
obxaddict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the east coast and 155 lbs. I have the 85L '12 dacurve but have only used it with the stock fins. I had a fantastic side off sesh the other day that has me working really hard to extend my range of use for the board. I was using 4 fins and could do no wrong until the wind went more side shore and the current got bad.

Anyone found any drastic improvements for the DC fins in the nastier high current conditions?
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey awesome topic! Very Happy I'm glad you're all enjoying your Tabous!

I measured toe angles on a '13 Pocket and '13 DaCurve the other day. The Pocket was straight up 0 degrees. The DaCurve had just a hair under 0.5 degrees, barely noticeable.

I'm in the process of modifying the 9cm stock fins to add about 2 degrees toe. Hopefully I'll be able to finish quickly, because it looks like some fun conditions are on the way! I'll report back if I notice any major performance differences.

IMG_3667a.jpg
 Description:
No turning back now!
 Filesize:  152.66 KB
 Viewed:  18270 Time(s)

IMG_3667a.jpg

http://wind-nc.com
Windnc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Tabou Wave Board Owners Forum Reply with quote

Andy,

It will be interesting to hear if you do feel a difference, less drag etc. Are you also going to grind one side of each fin flat to make them asymmetrical?

Today I ordered a set of K4 Ezzy Asymmetrical 2 degree toe-in fins from 4Boards in the U
K for my Pocket Wave 93. Since the Zinger side fins that came with the board were 12cm I decided to stick with 12cm K-4's at first to run with the same 20cm center fin I have been using. Don't want to change up to many things at once. Perhaps later I might try a set of 10cm's with a slighly larger 21 or 22cm center.

Considering that I have been pretty happy with the Zinger 12's and the 20cm center fin so far it is going to be very interesting to see if these K4's really do make a big noticable difference in performance.
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chuck,

One thing at a time... I'm going to just mess with toe in first, and then add foiling to the mix. I guess the best thing would be to just do toe in with a regularly foiled fin, then just do assym foiling on a zero toe fin, to separate the aspects more clearly.

I've only had about half an hour of schlogging in thigh high waves so far... so not the best testing conditions. BUT, the board felt very light and accelerated very smoothly while dropping into these gutless waves with no sail power... So maybe there is some merit to this whole toe in thing?? Laughing Looks like more conditions on the way this weekend Very Happy

fin-toe-in.JPG
 Description:
ugly but effective :)
 Filesize:  268.66 KB
 Viewed:  18129 Time(s)

fin-toe-in.JPG

http://wind-nc.com
Windnc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Tabou Waveboard Owners Forum Reply with quote

Got my 12cm K-4 Ezzy Asymmetrical 2 degree toe in fin today and quickly mounted them on my Tabou Pocket Wave 93. Right away I noticed that the fins are not only 1 cm longer than the 11cm Zingers that came with the board but have a wider cord length too. See below photos.

So I think that coupled with the 20cm center fin I have been using that this should give me a little better upwind capability than I was getting with the 11cm Zingers. Still it will be interesting to see if there is a perception of more or less speed and also to compare the overall maneuverability of the board with these fins vice the 11's.

Perhaps I will try again the 18cm Zinger center fin that came with the board too see how it performs with the 12cm K-4's. Previously the 18 combined with the 11's did not allow my 200 pounds much upwind performance.

In the other photo you can readily see the toe in. Perhaps I will end up ordering a set of 10's too?

More to follow as soon as I sail it with the K-4's.

2013-07-29_18-22-05_444.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.69 MB
 Viewed:  17899 Time(s)

2013-07-29_18-22-05_444.jpg

2013-07-29_18-18-04_673.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.5 MB

2013-07-29_18-18-04_673.jpg

2013-07-29_18-12-27_87.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.56 MB

2013-07-29_18-12-27_87.jpg

Windnc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Tabou Waveboard Owners Forum Reply with quote

I now have an extra set of K4 12 cm 2 degree Asymmetrical Ezzy fins. The ones I ordered originally were delayed in mailing and we thought they were lost in the mail. So the dealer in the UK sent me another set. Of course just after that the originals came in.

Anyway, if anyone wants a set P.M. me. They cost 29.95 British Pounds or approximately $46.00 depending on the current exchange rate.
fathomfathom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn have I known about this tread earlier I could have picked them up in your store last week. Could have tried them out on that NE.
xander.arch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the guy who bought the 12cm K4 ezzys. I've been running them on my 74 da curve with a K4 14cm flexie rear. Before that I was running the board as a quad with the 14cm K4 flexie rears and the stock 8cm tabou fronts. So far I like them, but I don't yet know why. I'll post more when I figure it out. The one negative though is that my ezzy setup is harder to get upwind when slogging than the quad. I'm not sure if this is a tri thing or an asymmetrical thing.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would one with a PW , post the distance from the tail
to the footstrap screw
a. rear strap
b. front strap

to the rear hole of the set.

please

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: