myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
U.S. now an international laughing stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up Techno...
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
GT.........you are making the mistake of attempting a rational discussion with someone who is mentally unbalanced. You are wasting your time. You are also making the mistake of believing the nonsense spouted by some on these forums. The US does not have a growing "problem "with fundamentalism, neither does it have a growing hatred of gays. Quite the reverse. Doubtless there will be shrieks of scorn and protest from the usual suspects, and quotes from biased publications, but the reality is quite different I assure you.

troll post....

poor little cry baby, he can not debate the facts so he goes McVeigh... one of the right wing heros tactics.

here is the results of some tests about right winger cry babies whiners...
How to spot a baby conservative

Whiny children, claims a new study, tend to grow up rigid and traditional. Future liberals, on the other hand ...

Mar. 19, 2006
KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Quote:
Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative. At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/07/conservative-politics-low-effort-thinking_n_1410448.html?ref=mostpopular

Quote:
Conservatives and liberals don't seem to agree about much, and they might not agree about recent studies linking conservatism to low intelligence and "low-effort" thinking.

As The Huffington Post reported in February, a study published in the journal "Psychological Science" showed that children who score low on intelligence tests gravitate toward socially conservative political views in adulthood--perhaps because conservative ideologies stress "structure and order" that make it easier to understand a complicated world.

Last edited by real-human on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I entirely agree with you that America has a growing problem with 'fundamentalist' (if that is the right word) Christian preaching, and hatred of 'gays.' The Pope, while not necessarily agreeing that 'gayness' is commendable, was pointing out that hatred is incompatible with the Christian Gospels. I agree with that.

But your insistence that nowhere else in the world (apart from bogeyman Russia) shows religious intolerance ('gays', abortion, womans behaviour etc) is clearly naive.

Just try admitting to being 'gay' in an Islamic country - or just as bad, acting as a liberated woman! (They can't even drive cars in some countries.)

your wording of fundamentalist is correct to me. In my book no different than Islamist fundamentalists and so on. But the Popes words were not to Islam or other religions... That is what I am referring to...

But what I was specifically picking out was what the Popes words were, he did not say anything about female equality in his statement. If he would have added female equality to the mix then I would not be able to say his message was targeted at the USA.... He picked out the very device issues that give the right wing power with their base in the USA.

I was using a math expression of logical "and" for what he said. He was not specific in his wording to say USA. I believe he should have been. But his actions just a month or two and than last month certainly showed he was sending a message to the USA cardnal. Which he obviously was not listening so he was by the words of the quote I posted in a rare event basically stripped of all his influence.

I believe the Pope needs to be a little more direct with the right wing religious haters(republican base) because this message is not clear to them. They just do not get it. And as I pointed out the right wing owned and controlled media has not brought this concept that I have clearly backed up out for public discussion.

Again to me the Pope needs to take direct aim at these "fundamentalist" and not sugar coat it. Or talk in generalities to people who are that stupid.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Since we are talking about the US, I saw this article today about the the 10 unhealthiest states in the US. I did notice that all 10 states are "red" states...republican leaning states, that vote republican, and have lots of republican residents. I know most of the republicans on this site live in "blue" states that are at the top of the health ranks...do you guys have any advice for the "red" states that dominate this list? Any postive input will help to lessen the financial burden these states put on the federal GOVT, and taxes paid by us in "blue" states, who are healthy.
https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-unhealthiest-state-is--c1418225400461.html

If you do a careful analysis 3 things seem to cause the low rankings. Smoking, Lack of Exercise, and unvaccinated Illegal immigrants.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define " fundamental " church? I'm curious what this means to those using this term.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The US does not have a growing "problem "with fundamentalism"

Well, I think that's debatable. Anyone that promotes the teaching of "intelligent design" in science classes isn't doing the nation a favor, and it surely doesn't build our brain trust for the future. All we have to do is look to Islamic fundamentalism in the Middle East to see how far things can be pushed back to the Middle Ages and totally beyond reason. Thank goodness Christian Fundamentalist aren't nearly as nuts, but I still have wonder about many of the ideas that they adamantly promote.

Last edited by swchandler on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Define " fundamental " church? I'm curious what this means to those using this term.

I generally use the term "biblethumpers", meaning people who accept the bible as 100% the inviolable word of God, inject religion into every sentence, and may even sacrifice science, medicine, even the law, on the altar of the church. And, oh yes ... knock on my front door and expect me to stop whatever I'm doing/watching/eating/cursing out a telemarketer to tell them several times that I. Am. Not. Interested.

If I have time to spare, I'll tell the Jehovah's Witnesses I'm gay; tell the Mormons that I've been there (lived in Utah), done that (was the only non-Mormon in the entire subdivision); and tell the Seventh Day Adventist kids that I love dancing, movies, and TV and their Dad is filling their heads with nonsense. I'd tell the Amish that their horse just crapped in my driveway, but they don't come a knockin'.

And when my good buddy next door told me I'm going to hell simply because I'm not Catholic, I completely, utterly ignored it, just as I've come to tune out, walk away from, or change the channel every time someone starts quoting bible verses as though I was interested. Their hide-bound, tyrannical view of life is their problem, not mine.

HOWEVER ... they in general don't bother me as long as they don't BOTHER me. Why so many atheists sue religious people over their actions and decorations, especially Christmas, escapes me altogether.

WHOA! A light bulb just exploded over my head. It's obvious: the atheists who sue at the drop of a piece of tinsel or a red and green shirt are liberals, whose goal is to control others' lives. The whole concept of Live and Let Live is anathema to the very people who proudly announce they are liberal, when they're actually just the opposite.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda like this~
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Brother!

-Craig

nw30 wrote:
It's kinda like this~
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
It's kinda like this~

Same thing could be said about political views.

Can I get an amen?

Didn't think so....how else could the haters keep hating and spreading their bigotry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: