myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I bought a Naish Nalu 11'4" GT today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: I bought a Naish Nalu 11'4" GT today Reply with quote

Like the subject says, I bought a Naish Nalu 11'4" GT today. My wife and I took turns SUP-ing the board at Kailua beach.

The board takes a one bolt twist-on base for mounting a windsurf rig on windy days. It also surfs like a traditional longboard with trusters mounted. If you're anywhere with surf and intermittent wind, this can be your do-it-all board. In my opinion, this is the board people ought to sail on light wind days in Kailua. Take it surfing at Waikiki in rolling waves when there's no wind. Yet, today at 10 mpg wind there were just a couple of miserable kiters out who ended up walking back.

The board looks amazing and is light as heck, at 24 lbs it is a whole 3 lbs lighter than the composite version. The only thing we overlooked is that it's too tall and too wide to fit into the board rack outside our building.

Shawn at Naish in Kailua took a bunch of our money today and it was worth it. I'm not pimping Naish, but I like their store in Kailua and I think Shawn is awesome.
jse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailing a SUP is fun. I think there is no better way to dial in sail handling skills than light wind on a SUP. I have the 11'6", and a Fanatic Fly 10'6". Love sailing them.

Steve
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a 10 X 34" Starboard windsup. Love it! As you said they are perfect boards where there is light and variable wind, which is most everywhere.

I got a cheap travel paddle that breaks down into 3 pieces and put it in one of my kite backpacks when I sail. No problem if the wind dies.

Have not tried my board in the surf yet, just a few boat wakes.

Does the Nalu have any footstraps? Mine does not, but you don't really need them for light wind. If the wind does pick up I jump on another board.

Finally I can enjoy windsurfing in less than 10 mph wind. Compared to my old F2 Strato, the windsup is way easier and much more fun to sail.

Good luck with your new Nalu enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: