myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sensors question(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashpile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Sensors question(s) Reply with quote

I admit I am new to windsurfing, but wonder if sensors could be installed at Viento as well as Mosier. Both seem like good spots to sail, and have places where a sensor could likely be installed without being in the way. Certainly this is the case at Viento. The Rowena sensor seems to be in a place that causes under-reporting of values. Could it be relocated to Viento? The sensor at Doug's is almost within sight of Rowena. If these topics have already been covered, I apologize.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sensors question(s) Reply with quote

crashpile wrote:
The Rowena sensor seems to be in a place that causes under-reporting of values. Could it be relocated to Viento? The sensor at Doug's is almost within sight of Rowena. .

The winds at Doug's and Rowena are often VERY different, for hours. Just as with Swell/Hatch vs the Event Site, the fact that they are hardly an arrow's range apart implies little about their comparative winds. Rowena and the Hatch can blow fine for hours many days before the Event Site or Doug's get sailable, due to subtle wind direction differences.

In addition, the iW/Weatherflow guys don't watch these forums. We need to contact them directly via the SUPPORT link at the very bottom of this page.

If I sound curt, please excuse me; I'm fighting with Dish Network IDIOTS as I type.
johnl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a sensor at Viento also. BUT the sensor needs a location (the navigation marker would be awesome), a power source (solar cell), AND a phone line. I'm not sure there is a phone line at Viento anymore. Once upon a time there was a pay phone, but I think it is gone. Also of course permission to be there.

But Mike is right, posting it here is 50/50 that somebody from Iwindsurf will see it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: