myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Prostock 460 SDM mast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Prostock 460 SDM mast Reply with quote

Aloha!

I could not quite figure this out through the web search. Just need an idea for a reasonable price of a Prostock 460 SDM mast to ask when place the ad in Buy/Sell. There is not much info on the mast itself, just "Prostock 460" and kind of a chess board pattern. When it was purchased through The-House.com about 6 years ago, the spec. was saying 60% carbon. I do not even remember what was the price.

Thank you.

Andrei.
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got one, i paid 180 bucks for it brand new about 4 years ago, but it was listed as 30% carbon. i was told they were np x3 seconds.. ? dont know if thats true.?

second hand price, not much.

Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w8n4wind wrote:
but it was listed as 30% carbon. i was told they were np x3 seconds.. ? dont know if thats true.?
second hand price, not much.

Thank you for your reply! I have the range now.
30% carbon could be more realistic looking at the shed of gray. Always was skeptical about 60% the-house advertised on that mast. I do not now if it was NP. I heard something else but do not remember now.

The mast didn't work well with Worldsails Blast 7.5 but was really good with Ezzy Infinity 6.5. Both cammed.

Andrei.
bamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prostocks were Powerex made 'B' quality / prototype masts. The were produced in a range of carbon contents from 30% to 70%. Powerex ended up with a number of these when they moved production from Utah to China and then again when they started making masts for Neil Pryde.

As production in China started or masts with the finish that Pryde specified were added to the line, the first and/ or bad ones were pulled aside and labeled Prostock.

Your mast could be 30% carbon with a lot of dry fibers that measures out much softer than the target bend or it could be a X6 level (60% carbon) mast that has a perfect layup and bend characteristics but the cosmetic surface finish did not meet the target. Who knows?

Fair price IMO is ~$50 because carbon content, quality, bend spec., etc. are all a mystery.
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bamer wrote:

Fair price IMO is ~$50 because carbon content, quality, bend spec., etc. are all a mystery.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: