myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
COYOTE PT lost for the summer!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong Boardsportsshop-The work that they are doing is going to vastly improve the launch there (removal of the pilings, permanent ramps, wide sandy beach)? And it seems like most of the work is being done in the off season, so you are only looking at a couple of months of inconvenience, correct?
watermonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boardsportsshop wrote:

By Thursday morning, all was taken care of. We now have the crew opening the fence every day. It will be open for our operating hours during the construction.

Excellent! Thanks!
mch13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jesse and Boardsports for helping keep my access to the Bay open.

Yesterday, with all the Coyote windsurfers compressed into one small area, all of the sudden it seemed like the '90s again. Start praying now to your "Parking Angel" for a weekend parking spot.

Rigatoni - what I understand from Jesse yesterday is that the project consists of four 20 day segments (so should be complete in 160 days!) during which time we will always have access. The park will end up with 3 access ramps, more beach to the South. No mention of palm trees or waves though.
boardsportsshop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am personally hoping it looks like the Caribbean when they are done. Replace everything, including the water in the bay.
boardsportsshop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and with Andre sailing, it still looks like the 80s!! Maybe we should have bikini day and do some long boarding...
madmanex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre likes the old gear because it ups his chances of a breakdown and the opportunity to join the midnight swim club for the third time. He loves the self generated publicity he gets from these adventures when he contacts the local media to get coverage. In the same way he is loving all the attention he is getting from his photo.

On a side note. I find this action on the part of the San Mateo County Parks to be completely unacceptable. I say we knock down the fences.
watermonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More 80's vibe: Some guy getting out of his car today said to his passengers, "oh look, there are boardsailors here". Must have been the teak boom I was rigging...
Georges

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="madmanex"]Andre likes the old gear because it ups his chances of a breakdown and the opportunity to join the midnight swim club for the third time. He loves the self generated publicity he gets from these adventures when he contacts the local media to get coverage. In the same way he is loving all the attention he is getting from his photo.

Nailed it.
carl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madmanex wrote:

On a side note. I find this action on the part of the San Mateo County Parks to be completely unacceptable. I say we knock down the fences.

We can't be too upset at San Mateo Co,,they ARE rebuilding our 3 windsurf ramps for us!
mtnview

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl wrote:

We can't be too upset at San Mateo Co,,they ARE rebuilding our 3 windsurf ramps for us![/quote]

Yeah and not just sandbag ramps but permanent and longer ones that aren't as steep so we can sail until we're in our 80's. Too bad about the timing but definitely a great project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: