myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who makes what and where?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kona One masts are made in Italy, as are Epic. Fiberspar masts were made in Massachusetts until the sporting brand was purchased by Exel who makes the masts in Finland. The remainder of Fiberspar carbon stuff is made in Mexico, I believe.
WMP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hilton08 wrote:
Before they got cancelled, I was hoping Windsurfing Magazine would do a "Made in the USA" rig test. If you are in the Gorge, it would be pretty easy to get a Northwave Sail with a NoLimitz Mast, Chinook Carbon Boom, and a board from North Pacific, Cascade, or Open Ocean that were all made locally.

You remember the days in the 80's and early 90's when "Made in the Gorge" was the sign of high quality and extreme durability. I still sail the old gear. My Dynafiber mast was made here at Bob's factory right up the road in Stevenson back in the early 90's, still works great after more than 20 years of extreme Gorge sailing. My Chinook boom was made right across the river in Cascade Locks. My Northwave sails all Gorge made in '93 still working like a dream... probably have clocked more miles than any other sails on the entire planet. Finally, my home-grown Open Ocean board.... hand made by one of the greatest board shapers in the world, created right up the road in Lyle. It's great to have such awesome, proven gear made right here in the Gorge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: