myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the Gorge is better than Maui
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Gorge rocks! Reply with quote

+1

-Craig

p.s. I like Maui too

SeaTurtle wrote:
The Gorge is the best placein the world for windsurfing! Maui is fun, but the Gorge ROCKS my world!
scottwerden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really not an either/or question - June - August I would much rather be in the gorge, and not just because of the windsurfing (which yes, is awesome that time of year). It is a beautiful place with lots to do, great scenery, and close to Portland if you need a big city fix. But Sept - April I would much rather be in Maui. Winters in the gorge can be pretty grim. Who needs that? Besides Maui winter waves >>> gorge waves. Anyway, no reason you cannot have best of both worlds.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2

-Craig

scottwerden wrote:
Anyway, no reason you cannot have best of both worlds.
loosescrew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Gorge rocks! Reply with quote

SeaTurtle wrote:
I'd rather get bashed by waves in the Gorge than Maui. If its blowing 35-40 I can still get in & out of the water without fear of getting knocked down by big salty waves & undertow.

Obviously SeaTurtle doesn't like the ocean. LOL maybe you should consider changing your handle to something like RiverRat. If you think the Gorge has waves then you had better stay there cuz you'll need your helmet, booties, life vest and big boy board shorts with diaper to sail winter waves on Maui. I've lived in the Gorge and Maui and each has its plus and minuses but frankly Maui is definitely windsurfing Mecca and we have our fair share of Canadians.
hitech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for Maui, the Gorge would be even more crowded and if it wasn't for the Gorge,Maui would be even more crowded! Lately, I will sing the praises of the Gorge to keep the crowds down in Maui. Go Gorge!
hitech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for Maui, the Gorge would be even more crowded and if it wasn't for the Gorge,Maui would be even more crowded! Lately, I will sing the praises of the Gorge to keep the crowds down in Maui. Go Gorge!
loosescrew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comment Hitech
Maui sucks and the Gorge rocks! Wink
loosescrew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comment Hitech
Maui sucks and the Gorge rocks! Wink
uchida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you jest. The Gorge better than Maui? Sharks or not, I love sailing with just a pair of board shorts and a waist harness in warm water and great wind. I haven't worn a wet suit in 24 years of sailing on Maui. I use to sail the Hood River area for several years back in the 80's. Don't get me wrong I had tons of fun but there is something about sailing on Maui that gives me a stoke I haven't found anywhere else. The only problem I find with Maui is it's a pain in the ass to get there, and when you do it is very expensive to eat and entertain yourself. Other than that I absolutely love the place. It doesn't hurt that I have lots of friends and relatives on the islands.
uchida

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you jest. The Gorge better than Maui? Sharks or not, I love sailing with just a pair of board shorts and a waist harness in warm water and great wind. I haven't worn a wet suit in 24 years of sailing on Maui. I use to sail the Hood River area for several years back in the 80's. Don't get me wrong I had tons of fun but there is something about sailing on Maui that gives me a stoke I haven't found anywhere else. The only problem I find with Maui is it's a pain in the ass to get there, and when you do it is very expensive to eat and entertain yourself. Other than that I absolutely love the place. It doesn't hurt that I have lots of friends and relatives on the islands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: