myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I could tell Ted Cruz birth Certificate is forged, photo-sho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed watching the Establishment Republican Machine blitzkrieging Rand Paul today , before he even announces his candidacy.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I enjoyed watching the Establishment Republican Machine blitzkrieging Rand Paul today , before he even announces his candidacy.

I hear there will be over 20 candidates from the Republican party running for 2016. How many are going to be running from the Democratic Party? Nothing like diversity.... The Republicans will be running blacks, Latinos, women, and libertarians.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked my politically astute wife why the Dems so often have only one viable -- damn near anointed -- candidate so early in a race, while the GOP has whole first and second string fleets of them.

"Because Democrats can't think for themselves", she responded immediately. "They're herd animals".

I then asked whether she heard that or came up with it herself. "It's been obvious to me for decades."

The more I examine that explanation, the more of their behaviors it explains at both the personal and national levels. One national example was when the media called "Herd Left" in 2008, and the entire Lemming Party dumped Hillary for Barry overnight. A personal example is the willingness, often eagerness, of the Left here to lie just to elicit responses from others, despite its destruction of forum harmony and productivity and of their own credibility among rational adults.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing will happen again, as soon as somebody with an inkling of a chance to beat Hillary (again), they will flock to that person like a herd.
Hillary's popularity among the left is vastly over inflated, just look at her book tour which she had to quit early because it was a bust.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
The same thing will happen again, as soon as somebody with an inkling of a chance to beat Hillary (again), they will flock to that person like a herd.
Hillary's popularity among the left is vastly over inflated, just look at her book tour which she had to quit early because it was a bust.

This is so true, however the vast Clinton machine will intimidate, harass, and suffocate anyone who gets in her way.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I hear there will be over 20 candidates from the Republican party running for 2016."

20 candidates all saying "pick me, and give me money, because I know what this country needs". I can hardly wait to hear all the buzz about the leaders in the race and how they are capturing minds and hearts. We've already heard Ted Cruz charge up the religious ranks with calls for "the end of Obamacare". Is Rand Paul going to call for Obamacare's demise too?

In the end though, I'm pretty sure all the candidates will be against Obamacare. Yet one wonders, which candidate has enough clout and vision to propose a detailed alternative with the full support of both the healthcare and health insurance industries?

Last edited by swchandler on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Three Republicans circling the water cooler, discussing how they're going to lose again. In 1998, The Repubs had one candidate...W. Sure, McCain ran against him...but he was chopped liver by the time the primaries started in early 2000. Dems had many candidates in 2004, didnt work out. Repubs had many in 1996, 2008, 2012, didnt work out. The anti Hillary Dems will LINE up behind her and vote for her, by the time time the Rethugs outline all of Obamas policies they will repeal on Jan 20th, 2017.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughed out loud. Mr Capital letters screamer now is worried about:

Quote:
destruction of forum harmony

Bard thinks there are libertarians in the race. There is one--Rand Paul--who is the only one saying anything that might appeal to independents and the young. The rest is a crew of busybodies harassing whomever the evangelicals want harassed.

Nobody touched on the huge problem that money in politics represents to getting new ideas into the discussion. Hillary is only the current manifestation of that problem--remember, it is the current conservative Supreme Court that accelerated the trend. Anyone concerned about an increased role of money, or increasing government intrusions into privacy and reproductive rights will hold their nose and vote for Hillary. The hard right will offend the minority, women, and youth vote.

A trial run on privacy will occur over re-authorization of the Patriot Act. John Oliver nails it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
This is so true, however the vast Clinton machine will intimidate, harass, and suffocate anyone who gets in her way.

A widely known international businessman said on rec.windsurf back in the '90s that once the Clinton Machine found out that he was wealthy and a Democrat, they got in his face day and night for years trying to force him to give them huge amounts of money.

HOWEVER ... I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP does the same thing. I quit the GOP just over the thousands of phone calls and mailings they flooded my home with after I gave them a measly few hundred bucks.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

while the dems do not have candidates because well gee as noted the supreme right wingers court says money is not an issue with politics. That the ultra rich do not give money in essence to influence elections and themselves. that is only a right wing analysis. The right wingers are the ones who brought it before the court and argued for unlimited money in elections.

So it shows which party has the ungodly amounts to spend with many people.

In one day, right wing oil companies sell more oil than the entire budget for the largest union has for a year on election issues. That is just one oil company.

do oil companies give to liberals in large amounts NO. Do chemical companies?, defense contractors, banking industries, credit card, medical, insurance companies? IE name me one of the top 30 industries that give as much as oil companies to dems. this does not even include all the hidden money that corps sneak into it by saying their ads are not political. amazing how we do not see doctor deep commercials every hour saying so their mother can drive to work in Detroit till elections.

Well there is your answer, it now takes about 10-50 million or so dollars just to run, while 20-30 right wingers can get that much money seems right now only 1 dem can find that kind of backing. It really cuts the number of peoples ability in running.

BTW she is not ideal for me, was not happy with husband that was too middle of the road too. I would like to see Warren run, Dick Durbin, or Howard Dean. We saw what the right wing owned media did to Doctor Dean the last time. Gee used an isolation mic and played something not newsworthy 2000 times an hour to shut him down. No right winger had to even pay to have that aired.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: