myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Retail price of 2005 bic blast
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailoratheart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Xantos II 133L Reply with quote

Just spoke with someone who has a F2 Xantos II 133L with board bag. The board is in great condition. They are asking $295. This seems like a great buy. However, I just do not like the older design (longer and thin). However, do you all think this board could serve me well right now as I am still learning the basics?
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like long and thin, then don't buy it. It's long at 295cm., I think? and thin at 59 cm. Don't think you will be pleased. Look for something newer and wider. A 70-75 cm wide board is so much easier and fun to sail in up and down winds. Maybe something like a Bic techno 283., quite a bit wider, can cary a lot of sail, and are easy to sail. lots of them out there for cheap, especially ones with damaged noses.Keep looking, and good luck!
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed the Blast 110 when it first came out. Great board for its time. It all depends on how much wind you get where you sail the most. The 125 would be great to advance on if you sail where the wind is 15 plus every day. I would think about the Bic Techno. Tuff boards, go fast when the wind is up and good in light wind to play around on. You can learn a lot about windsurfing if you get out and play around in the light wind. I have been windsurfing 30 plus years and still have fun in the light wind. $600 is way to much for that board. I think I paid that when I got mine new. Check out the Seal beach swap when they have it. Lots of pretty good stuff cheap. As for the Blast, I'm thinking $200 tops. The foot pads peel off everyone I have ever seen. Including mine. No a big deal just an FYI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: