myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Tell us again Bard how it's all President Obama's fault. Everything's a problem because of Obama. Singlehandedly, he's ruining America and the modern world.

Tell us how the Republicans can save us all, and please tell us about those special folks in the Republican party that will lead the way and why. Tell us about your heroes.

Just because I don't like Obama, doesn't mean I like Bush. As a matter of fact, the more I see the more I understand the anarchists. We should have let the bankers and GM fail, with a private market-government partnership in bankruptcy. We've just let the same criminals back into the banks and war machine.

And furthermore, did Syria get those WMD's from Iraq? Was Bush right? Did the Syrian govt kill those women and children, or did the Muslim Brotherhood do it to incite war with America? Many scenarios...
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now here is something to aspire to:

Quote:
I'm not looking to add anything of substance

Lurking on a political thread, not looking to add anything of substance. Maybe you're too ambitious?

Look at the DDT posting, and the references to the original posting. A right wing meme which makes righties feel righteous about hating enviros. The only trouble is, it is all lies. That's what I'm doing here--highlighting the lies. Maybe I'm not ambitious enough?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And talk about a black leader? Our pathetic president without morals, or leadership ability should listen to a black leader with both morals and leadership qualities..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/08/26/at-rnc-event-speaker-says-african-americans-have-taken-a-back-seat-to-gays-immigrants/
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I mention President Bush?

Come on, I'm looking for your Republican picks and why you're so impressed. What I see in the Republican party is like opening up a beggar's pocketbook. What's to show for all their hard work? Losers would be a bit of a compliment.

Are they stupid enough to come off their long vacation to shutdown the government?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should be so lucky that they'd shut down this govt. I don't believe there is a major party leader strong enough and straight forward enough to clean this mess up. Probably a 3rd party guy is going to have to rise up. Or a lesser known name from the right.

But this I can say with clarity. There is no one on the left capable of reining in the spending, cronyism, corruption, and oligarchs. Although Ted Cruz comes to mind. We'll wait and see.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
And talk about a black leader? Our pathetic president without morals, or leadership ability...

Feeling a bit racist today, Mr. B.?

stevenbard wrote:
Although Ted Cruz comes to mind. We'll wait and see.

I wonder about something.......... since he was born in Kenya and not on genuine American soil like Hawaii, do ya think he can produce the LONG FORM birth certificate to prove he's American?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Now here is something to aspire to:

Quote:
I'm not looking to add anything of substance

Lurking on a political thread, not looking to add anything of substance. Maybe you're too ambitious?

That's what I'm doing here--highlighting the lies. Maybe I'm not ambitious enough?

You would be correct. I am ambitious, and my business has done quite well because of that trait. Thankfully my ambitions are not the same as yours. The more I read here the more thankful I have become about the country I live in. This type of exchange of opinion and beliefs is not the norm in Canada. I guess part of my problem is I refuse to identify with either party. I admit to having a conservative outlook but at the same time I share many liberal opinions regarding health care, gun control, the environment, etc. I would like to believe that I am not alone either.

I may have been incorrect in my assumption that you are a horrible salesman. Perhaps you could become an advisor to the KKK on how to effectively spread a message of devisive aggressive corrosive hatred and rage against others who differ from you. I've witnessed that this is a message you are quite effective in selling. Please continue as you were, as it is obvious that this is what brings you great joy, and I wouldn't want to get in the way of you being fruitful or "ambitious" in accomplishing your mission or honing your skill of spreading your message.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
We should be so lucky that they'd shut down this govt. I don't believe there is a major party leader strong enough and straight forward enough to clean this mess up. Probably a 3rd party guy is going to have to rise up. Or a lesser known name from the right.

But this I can say with clarity. There is no one on the left capable of reining in the spending, cronyism, corruption, and oligarchs. Although Ted Cruz comes to mind. We'll wait and see.

c'mon man.
First in 2008, it was .....Fred Thompson...then in 2012....wait, hold on, it was Rick Perry...then it was Rick Santorum....a guy who lost his senate seat by 16 points. Then after the shellacking Mittens endured, the carousel resumed spinning. First , it was Marco....I get it , he's hispanic, and the Rethugs need Hispanics...but then the sippee cup emerged. Now, after brief bouts with reasonable thought(Chris Christie), the repubs are pinning their hopes on tea party darling Ted Cruz. Its beyond laughable.
Bard, what should Obama do with Syria.
(a) do nothing
(b) air strikes
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

But this I can say with clarity. There is no one on the left capable of reining in the spending...

Quoting from this source:

Quote:

Government spending under President Obama has grown at a slower rate than it did under any president since Dwight D. Eisenhower was in office six decades ago, according to an analysis from Bloomberg. That may not jibe with the conservative complaints that Obama has overseen a massive growth in government spending, but it’s true:

"Federal outlays over the past three years grew at their slowest pace since 1953-56, when Dwight D. Eisenhower was president. Expenditures as a share of the economy sank last year to 22.8 percent, their lowest level since 2008, according to Congressional Budget Office data. That’s down from 24.1 percent in 2011 and a 64-year high of 25.2 percent in 2009, when Obama pushed through an $831 billion stimulus package. [...]

"Spending grew just 0.6 percent from 2009 to 2012, according to data compiled by Bloomberg from government reports."

Obama has already agreed on $1.4 trillion in spending cuts with Congressional leaders, which, combined with new revenues and reduced interest payments, will reduce the deficit by $2.5 trillion over the next decade.

Spending is expected to fall 1.3 percent in fiscal 2013, according to projections from the Congressional Budget Office. Annualized spending under Obama is growing slower than it has under the past four Republican presidents, as ThinkProgress noted in March. Meanwhile, a Goldman Sachs analyst told Bloomberg that a stronger economy will cut the deficit to $500 billion, to less than 3 percent of gross domestic product, by 2015.

Yeah, yeah, I know. You still hate the guy. Keep working at it and you'll eventually find something genuine that he's done wrong, something that's not part of the ultra-right-wing hate-filled agenda ranting screedfest.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Bard, what should Obama do with Syria.
(a) do nothing
(b) air strikes

My guess he will do neither......I suspect he's hoping that the Brits will agree to launch missiles from one of their subs, targeting chemical weapons facilities that will have been emptied out while he dithers and looks for someone else to take the lead. If the Brits won't give him cover again, cruise missiles.

Talking of sippee cups, it's interesting to read the President's lofty speech on the Middle East a little more than 2 years ago from which it's clear that his naivete is not restricted to domestic arena.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/20/world/middleeast/20prexy-text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 3 of 59

Jump to: