myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ksfo560.com/common/page.php?pt=Seven+Day+Archive&id=561&is_corp=0

For one of the most amazing radio shows that really sums up my attitude, click the link. Then choose Monday, and click the 6-7pm show. It is worth the 40 minutes. You can fast forward through commercials.

Ignore Sharpton and go straight to war topic.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. G....with regards to Syria, what do you think Obama should do? What would please you, and impress you?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr. G....with regards to Syria, what do you think Obama should do? What would please you, and impress you?

I will tell you Boggs. Stay out. How do we know who did what in that country? Obama has de-stabilized the middle east. Listen to the radio show I posted....
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve..I hear you. Do you think your voice is consistent with the conservatives in Washington? Is the Repub vote to "stay out "? I'm just probing....being objective, its a no win situation...has been that way forever.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
... what do you think Obama should do? What would please you, and impress you?

... Stay out...

Of course, if Obama does nothing (as you want him to do), then you can whine "HE'S DITHERING."

stevenbard wrote:
Obama has de-stabilized the middle east....

You don't think a little event like invading Iraq and killing Saddam might have had something to do with it way back when?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:

This is a tactic used frequently on this forum. Dig a hole and then demand solutions from people who wouldn't have dug that hole......the healthcare law is another example. This Administration has created a power vacuum in the Middle East by it's softly, softly approach. In the past the US has frequently had to throw it's weight behind the lesser of two evils in order to maintain some semblance of stability. This Administration has consistently chosen to sit on the fence and let others take the lead so that we will be liked. The result, they still don't like us and, more importantly, they don't fear us, so leaders of those countries are emboldened to constantly push the limits of behavior. The President pictures himself as an international statesman when he grandly talks of "red lines"........many in the Middle East see him as Ned Nederlander. He is now in a box. Something will happen. He has no idea what the result will be. This will be a knee jerk reaction necessitated by a flawed, and naive strategy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious...about your opinion, its not a tactic... and I'm certianly not seeking a solution. A "tactic" would suggest I'm interested in a debate, I am not. I am interested in hearing what the president should do , today, with regards to Syria. At least Bard has the sac to express an opinion, I respect him for that , and he's a wave sailor.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G. you've traveleled the world, you've gone to prestigious Universities, you've worked for fantastic companies, you've played squash with the world's elite, you've been there/done that... Why is it so hard to share a simple opinion , amongst wind loving peers? What are you afraid of?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Steve..I hear you. Do you think your voice is consistent with the conservatives in Washington? Is the Repub vote to "stay out "? I'm just probing....being objective, its a no win situation...has been that way forever.

A poll done yesterday said that only 9% of Americans want military action in Syria. McCain and others beating the war drums are has been fools. At least let's confirm with 100% certainty who set the chemical weapons alight. Was this a setup like Lebanon in the 70's?

Ultimately though the D's will make and are responsible for the final outcome.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:

A poll done yesterday said that only 9% of Americans want military action in Syria. A whole lot of them are R's. McCain and others beating the war drums are has been fools. At least let's confirm with 100% certainty who set the chemical weapons alight. Was this a setup like Lebanon in the 70's?

I agree with you. I dont think there is any end -game, ever. Mr. G has suggested Mr Obama is "softly" or Ned Nederland, indicating a desire for more aggressive action...the polar opposite of your view. So , I think the vast differnence of opinion illustrates the difficulty in making the right decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 4 of 59

Jump to: