myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
The theme that our black president is to totally to blame for the social dilemma that exists in this country is total BS. Our nation is at risk, but for reasons you folks can't even begin to understand.

And that reason may be that they, and millions like them, ARE the reason.

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
perhaps the race baiters and rabble rousers here and elsewhere will realize that their inflammatory language has consequences.

I don't see how Sharpton is guilty of anything less than Inciting to Riot, now enhanced by two murders. Even DiBlasio and Obama, by the implicit and/or overt blame they place on police strategy, tactics, and behavior with virtually no blame on the behavior of the two unarguably culpable perps, have blood on their hands.
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are expected to believe that the unrest of black people in NY is not caused by seeing with their own eyes a video of an unarmed black man being subdued by the police with a prohibited chokehold, a black man who says he can't breathe, a black man who dies right there, but is caused instead by the reaction of the mayor and the president? Do you think there was anything the mayor or president could do to make them forget what they saw? Really?

Look around, there ain't that many turnip trucks.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sick.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey's been watching and believing all he sees and hears on Faux News:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/fox-news-falsely-edits-al-sharpton-anti-violence-speech-to-include-chant-for-dead-cops/
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
So we are expected to believe that the unrest of black people in NY is not caused by seeing with their own eyes a video of an unarmed black man being subdued by the police with a prohibited chokehold, a black man who says he can't breathe, a black man who dies right there, but is caused instead by the reaction of the mayor and the president?

Can you really not see the connection between the cold blooded murder of two NYC policemen and the rabble rousing from race baiters like Sharpton......or the repeated comments from so many, including the usual suspects here, that the police force deliberately and unfairly targets young black men and their prejudice caused two black law breakers to lose their lives........or the tacit support of that view from so-called leaders like De Blasio and Holder? There is no doubt in my mind that this type of language played a significant role in motivating a black man from Baltimore to travel 200 miles to NYC for the purpose of gunning down these two officers. Expressions of shock, or dismissive comments from the very people who were stoking the flames, will not absolve them of culpability.
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Can you really not see the connection between the cold blooded murder of two NYC policemen and the rabble rousing from race baiters like Sharpton......or the repeated comments from so many, including the usual suspects here, that the police force deliberately and unfairly targets young black men and their prejudice caused two black law breakers to lose their lives........or the tacit support of that view from so-called leaders like De Blasio and Holder? There is no doubt in my mind that this type of language played a significant role in motivating a black man from Baltimore to travel 200 miles to NYC for the purpose of gunning down these two officers. Expressions of shock, or dismissive comments from the very people who were stoking the flames, will not absolve them of culpability.

I have found the remarks of Holder and DeBlasio to be moderate. Could you perhaps share with us some quotes you find inflammatory?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say DeBlasio or Holder made inflammatory remarks did I? Perhaps you could read my post.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks simply fabricate the scene that they want to see. In light of the more recent killings of unarmed blacks by the police across the country, it hard for the media to not want to focus on getting comments from President Obama and US Attorney General Holder, especially given their black roots.

Nothing I've heard from the president, or the AG is alarming or unexpected, yet many on the right can have bizarre interpretations of what is being said. It's totally off-the-top to think that the public comments being made by Obama and Holder are driving the recent police killings by a troubled black man, but that's what some here are saying.

"inciting hatred", "Should be held responsible", and "not absolve them of culpability".
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
I didn't say DeBlasio or Holder made inflammatory remarks did I? Perhaps you could read my post.

Sorry, your use of ellipses made your post a little difficult to parse. But, I take your point, you did not accuse them of rabble rousing. However, please show me how they give "tacit support" to the views you find objectionable. It seems to me that you want to judge them based upon what other people say, not on their own statements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 148, 149, 150 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 149 of 457

Jump to: