myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who burn down businesses, smash windows, loot shops are chant "what do we want; dead cops" are a rabble. It probably escaped the attention of Mother Jones, Dail Kos and your other left wing go-to sources that there were large numbers of white people included in that rabble. Your accusations of racism are pathetic, the classic last resort of those with no argument, and typical of someone whose mind is so closed that it cannot countenance a different perspective, regardless of how many share that perspective. Believe what you wish. I no longer have any interest in your views.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"... typical of someone whose mind is so closed that it cannot countenance a different perspective, regardless of how many share that perspective."

I'm getting the impression that the "different perspective" is the result of a trial by the media, particularly the spin and blame coming from those on the right. The conclusions being reached are far from the truth, yet they readily reflect the degree of prejudice and hate coming from many media viewers and listeners.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right wing prosecutor should be dis-barred...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/19/1353035/-St-Louis-County-District-Attorney-Bob-McCulloch-knew-witnesses-were-lying?detail=email#
Quote:

KTRS: Why did you allow people to testify in front of the grand jury in which you knew their information was either flat-out wrong, or flat-out lying, or just weren't telling the truth?
McCulloch: Well, early on, I decided that anyone who claimed to have witnessed anything was going to be presented to the grand jury. And I knew that no matter how I handled it, there would be criticism of it. So if I didn't put those witnesses on, then we'd be discussing now why I didn't put those witnesses on. Even though their statements were not accurate.

So my determination was to put everybody on and let the grand jurors assess their credibility, which they did. This grand jury poured their hearts and souls into this. It was a very emotional few months for them, physically and emotionally. It took a lot of them. I wanted to put everything on there. I thought it was much more important to present everything and everybody, and some that, yes, clearly were not telling the truth. No question about it.

He knew there would be criticism whether he allowed to let false testimony be presented or not, so the only logical course of action was to let loose the liars. That makes a hell of a lot of sense. If you are out of your consarned mind.
There were people who came in and, yes, absolutely lied under oath.Some lied to the FBI. Even though they're not under oath, that's another potential offense — a federal offense.
I thought it was much more important to present the entire picture.

There's talk of one witness now, and some of the media is doing exactly what I said they would do, they pull out one witness and just latch on to that, and this lady clearly wasn't present when this occurred. She recounted a statement that was right out of the newspaper about Wilson's actions, and right down the line with Wilson's actions. Even though I'm sure she was nowhere near the place.

Now why would anyone "latch on" to the fact that a District Attorney knowingly allowed false testimony to be presented to a grand jury in such a highly charged and divisive case as the Michael Brown murder? That is a real puzzler.
The rules that govern these proceedings in Missouri are clear. Rule 4-3.3 states:

A lawyer shall not knowingly...offer evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. If a lawyer, the lawyer's client, or a witness called by the lawyer has offered material evidence and the lawyer comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures, including, if necessary, disclosure to the tribunal. A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence, other than the testimony of a defendant in a criminal matter, that the lawyer reasonably believes is false.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bristled when Mark Fuhrman (remember? The OJ case detective?) observed that the Michael Brown case was a clear example of racism. But then he explained, and I fully agreed: Would Brown have attacked if the cop were black?
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I bristled when Mark Fuhrman (remember? The OJ case detective?) observed that the Michael Brown case was a clear example of racism. But then he explained, and I fully agreed: Would Brown have attacked if the cop were black?
I guess we will never know the white police officer who was fired for being on a racist police department killed him for j-walking while black. so we can not ask him.

But what is dumber is your and fur-idiots question. would a black officer call a jaywalker "boy"....

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least partisan right wing owned and controller washington post has no choice but to print the results of a poll...

If you remove the idiots from Fox and idiots from the polling the majority of americans believe there is not equality and if you just asks blacks 9 out of ten say no. Yep there is 10% of the blacks that may live somewhere where the doors do not lock as they walk by like Bill Cosby the right wing hero... But our own president has experienced this himself. i am amazed there is no serious study done by the so called liberal universities to see exactly who is telling the truth here. Fox and friends types say this is not true...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/on-racial-issues-america-is-divided-both-black-and-white-and-red-and-blue/2014/12/26/3d2964c8-8d12-11e4-a085-34e9b9f09a58_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1

Quote:
Blacks and whites live in different worlds when it comes to perceptions of the criminal justice system and the role that police play in society. But divisions within the white community are almost as stark, with opinions heavily shaped by partisan identification and ideology, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The overall findings underscore the depth of distrust among a sizable majority of African Americans toward the police, as well as doubts about the treatment of blacks following decisions not to prosecute officers in the killings of unarmed black men in Ferguson, Mo., and New York City.

Only 1 in 10 African Americans says blacks and other minorities receive equal treatment with whites in the criminal justice system. Only about 2 in 10 say they are confident that the police treat whites and blacks equally, whether or not they have committed a crime.

In contrast, roughly half of all white Americans say the races are treated equally in the justice system and 6 in 10 have confidence that police treat both equally.

But white Americans are hardly homogenous in their views about these issues. While 2 in 3 white Republicans say minorities and whites are treated equally in the criminal justice system, only 3 in 10 white Democrats agree with that view. Similarly, while more than 8 in 10 white Republicans say they are confident that police treat blacks and whites equally, half as many white Democrats share that opinion.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Rep. Steve Scalise: I might have attended white supremacist Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-leader-steve-scalise-may-have-addressed-supremacist-rally?cid=eml_mda_20141230

Rep. Steve Scalise: I might have attended white supremacist event

Quote:
Majority Whip Steve Scalise says he abhors hate groups, but acknowledged on Monday that he may have spoken at a white supremacist conference led by the notorious former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke in 2002.

Online commenters Monday were quick to highlight his vote as a state legislator against making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a state holiday in 2004, one of only six “nays.” Sites like Little Green Footballs dug up a Roll Call article from 1999 in which Scalise discussed how he might compete with Duke in a special election for Congress by stressing electability:

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise (R), said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

A spokesman for Speaker John Boehner did not immediately respond to the Scalise news, but some Republican officials and right-leaning commentators offered up early reactions on Monday night.

“How the hell does somebody show up at a David Duke organized event in 2002 and claim ignorance?” wrote Erick Erickson, co-founder of the influential conservative site Red State, in a blog post. “Trent Lott was driven from the field … for something less than this.”

Republican Congressman Steve King of Iowa defended Scalise to The Washington Post’s Robert Costa, noting that ”Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners.”

The Republican governor of Louisiana, Bobby Jindal, also stood by Scalise in a statement.

“I know Congressman Scalise to be a good man who is fair-minded and kindhearted,” Jindal said. “I’m confident he absolutely rejects racism in all forms.”

Congressman Cedric Richmond, an African American Democrat, also publicly vouched for Scalise, telling the Times Picayune he doesn’t think the Congressman “has a racist bone in his body.”

More recently, Mississippi state officials and national GOP strategists attacked tea party candidate Chris McDaniel during his primary run against Republican Sen. Thad Cochran for allegedly agreeing to appear at an event that featured a segregationist vendor. McDaniel denied planning to participate in the event, but his staff confirmed to reporters that he previously addressed a neo-Confederate group.

Scalise was elected to the number-three position in the House GOP leadership earlier this year, after a reshuffling prompted by former Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s loss in a primary race to conservative challenger David Brat.

nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racism, a successful tool for one POS as a weapon for a shakedown for money.
How this guy gets to share the stage with the mayor of NYC and gets the ear of BHO on so many occasions is totally beyond me. They may as well be granting the same access to Louis Farrakhan, you could barely fit a piece of paper between the two of these baiters.
And you wonder why race relations have gotten worse over the last six years. This guy should be in jail, for tax evasion at the very least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Al Sharpton is being paid thousands of dollars to not cry 'racism' at large corporations, it is claimed

Reverend Al Sharpton's National Action Network (NAN) has apparently been receiving thousands of dollars in donations from corporations
In return, they have received preacher's 'influence in black community'
More often than not, this has involved Sharpton's silence, it is claimed
Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal met with activist following Sony hack
Leaked emails showed her apparently mocking Obama in 'racist emails'
She and colleagues said to be 'shaking in their boots' and 'afraid of Rev'
NAN has received donations from Macy's, AT&T and Honda in the past

By Sophie Jane Evans For Dailymail.com

Published: 02:16 EST, 4 January 2015 | Updated: 12:59 EST, 4 January 2015

For the full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2895985/Al-Sharpton-paid-thousands-dollars-not-cry-racism-large-corporations-claimed.html#ixzz3NsfxYhti
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So quick to bash black sources and so quick to accept whatever the cops leak. Maybe some of you are interested in the rest of the story of what was said before the grand jury in Ferguson. My source is David Dante Troutt. A few tidbits:

- The man with Brown, Dorian Johnson, says the cops reaction to their jaywalking was to tell them to "Get the fuck on the sidewalk", and to whip his truck backward, nearly hitting them, and open the door so violently it bounced against both of them and closed again. Johnson says that Wilson grabbed Brown around the neck through his truck window, initiating the scuffle.

--eleven out of fourteen witnesses believed that Wilson shot at a fleeing suspect.

--twelve of fourteen said that Brown's hands were raised when he was fired on.

Maybe not all of this is credible--but neither is the rehearsed testimony of Wilson and the leaks repeated here by the right wing.

It is amazing how white folks can always find racism in black activists that grew up in America. But never seem to see any issues with citing southern sheriffs that violently attacked black demonstrators.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
More often than not, this has involved Sharpton's silence, it is claimed

Sharpton's gang ... er, group .... pickets corps that won't hire him to speak or work for them, implying he will accept "donations" not to say anything about them.

Why is this distorted little thug not in prison for at least ONE of his criminal offenses, including tax evasion, incite to riot, all KINDS of race-baiting (surely SOME of it must be criminal considering what IS against the law these days), soliciting protection payoffs from corps, etc.? I've got to believe that 30-50% of the Ferguson blowback, including a dead cop or two, falls directly at his feet. There are still morons who believe the cop was the aggressor against "poor Michael Brown", and Sharpton is behind that 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 151 of 457

Jump to: