myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, Sharpton really pisses you guys off. If it wasn't him, it would be someone else. Sheriff Clark easily blames President Obama and Attorney General Holder. I'm sure you guys do too. No big surprise there given past commentary about Obama and his administration.

Do I have any pity or support for Officer Wilson? No. He has to live with what he did the rest of his life. I think that he should have faced charges in a court of law. Putting 10 bullets into an unarmed teenager warrants it in my view. Yet, as we now stand, I simply have to accept the flawed outcome whether I like it or not. There are still a lot of places in America where the battle for civil rights isn't over.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You righties are really pathetic. You have to make up statements--including our support for autocrats--to feel better about your lack of understanding and empathy. By the numbers:

The fact that there wasn't enough evidence to indict Wilson is in part because there was conflicting evidence, and in part because the burden of proof is very high to indict an officer who believed that he was in danger. But you are over the top when you argue that "clears" Wilson, or that the City didn't screw up every aspect of their response. Perhaps now mrgybe will criticize the hordes of Republicans who have spent how much money on false efforts to repeal the ACA, and investigations into Benghazi, and investigations into White Water and every other aspect of the Clinton presidency? No?

But you are stretching, and being your usual asshole, when you make arguments about Pol Pot et al. If you have a coherent argument, and you make it without being such a dick, you might get a better reception.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
RR--best advice yet on the forum. We should all take it.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Oh dear! He's going to be so upset when he finds out that the hordes of Justice Department agents, who have spent 6 months desperately seeking grounds for prosecution, have concluded that the Grand Jury got it right.

When you're right, you're right! That's the only reason "people on the right" despise Pol Pot, Stalin, Pablo Escobar, Heinrich Himmler. It's not because they were despicable, amoral opportunists, it's because they were just too darn successful in what they did.

that has to be about the most ignorant equivalency I have ever seen. your list of human rights violators is typically right wing authoritarians.

Funny or just plain stupid you would put Al Sharpton as a human rights violator list.

maybe your right wing morons think Gandi and Martin Luther King Chavez, Tutu, and peace activists are human rights violators too with this type of ill-logic.

Al Sharpton has every right to be front line and center, the family asked him to step in when it was clear the right wing racists were going to be in charge of this case. And again the right wing racists would not recuse themselves from the case when very clear conflict of interests were shown in their past.

Just because the justice department could not find a clear cause of action that was actionable does not mean it was not. They are limited to civil rights cases in these instances. Again the main witness is dead. Hard to get a dead witness to testify.

and as far as the findings of the grand jury again one of the grand jury members is begging to be allowed to speak out.. But the right wing in charge will not grant that person the right to tell the world what happened and why another grand jury of the actual peers be convened. Again the grand jury wasn't it all white. Yet the town is only 30% white, not if any right winger thinks that is a jury of the peers you are just idiots.

there is no harm in convening a new grand jury and run by someone who does not have conflicts of interests.

Last edited by real-human on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I think that he [Wilson} should have faced charges in a court of law.

After months of scrutinizing the evidence the Grand Jury concluded that he shouldn't be charged. After months of scrutinizing the evidence, the Justice Department concluded he shouldn't be charged. Yet, apparently, you have information to suggest that both those bodies are wrong. It is your civic duty to reveal the information that the Grand Jury and the Justice Department have overlooked. Please do enlighten us!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
But you are stretching, and being your usual asshole, when you make arguments about Pol Pot et al. If you have a coherent argument, and you make it without being such a dick, you might get a better reception.

This is what life long residents of Berkeley refer to as a "coherent argument".......usually after staying a little too long in Murphy's Irish bar singing rebel songs.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of witch hunts that assholes in Virginia think are a good use of public money. It was so successful it chased scientists out of the state, I had lunch with one today.

Quote:
State attorney general demands ex-professor's files from University of Virginia

By Rosalind S. Helderman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
RICHMOND -- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II is demanding that the University of Virginia turn over a broad range of documents from a former professor to determine whether he defrauded taxpayers as he sought grants for global warming research.

The civil investigative demand asks for all data and materials presented by former professor Michael Mann when he applied for five research grants from the university. It also gives the school until May 27 to produce all correspondence or e-mails between Mann and 39 other scientists since 1999.

The actions by Cuccinelli (R) -- who has sued the federal government over its regulation of greenhouse gases and has become a leading national voice in alleging that scientists have skewed data to show evidence the Earth is warming -- were cheered by those on the right, who have long targeted Mann as a leading proponent of the theory.

Mann, who works at Penn State, was one of the authors of the "hockey stick" graph, a study that used a variety of data, including tree rings, to chart climate change. His research showed a rapid recent increase in the Earth's temperature.

Mann's work has been repeatedly targeted by global warming skeptics, particularly after an e-mail from him referring to a statistical "trick" he used in his research surfaced in a series of leaked e-mails from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit. Mann has said the e-mail was taken out of context, and an inquiry by Penn State concluded that there was no evidence Mann has engaged in efforts to falsify or suppress data.

n and several academic groups decried Cuccinelli's subpoena as an unprecedented inquisition that could threaten academic freedom.

"I think he's simply trying to smear me as part of a larger campaign to discredit my science," said Mann, who left the University of Virginia in 2005.

Rachel Levinson, senior counsel with the American Association of University Professors, said Cuccinelli's request had "echoes of McCarthyism."

"It would be incredibly chilling to anyone else practicing in either the same area or in any politically sensitive area," she said.

In an interview, Cuccinelli said the request is part of an "open inquiry" into whether there were "knowing inconsistencies" made by Mann as he sought taxpayer dollars to fund research.

"In light of the Climategate e-mails, there does seem to at least be an argument to be made that a course was undertaken by some of the individuals involved, including potentially Michael Mann, where they were steering a course to reach a conclusion," he said. "Our act, frankly, just requires honesty."
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, after the chief prosecutor deviated substantially from standard grand jury protocol in the Wilson case, and you just buy the decidedly questionable outcome? That says more about you and your desire to look the other way.

Like I said earlier, the fact that Wilson fired 10 shots at an unarmed teenager is grounds enough to try him in a court of law. Wilson's actions far exceeded the limits of what was reasonably needed to protect himself, and I believe that warrants vigorous cross examination by a responsible and unbiased prosecutor. The fact that the chief prosecutor wasn't up for the job, and that he subsequently conducted a totally bogus and confusing show for the grand jury to bury the case, strongly suggests to me that justice wasn't properly served.

As far as proceeding with a federal case against Wilson, I don't think that elements of the case met the criteria needed to successfully make federal case. I don't have a problem with the decision that AG Holder and the US Department of Justice made.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately for us all, the system of justice in this country relies upon the conclusions of those who have conducted a detailed study of the evidence, rather than those whose opinions are based upon sound bites from news sources looking for ratings.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately, some of the jerks from Virginia that pimp for the carbon industry and waste public resources doing so, lose their jobs:

Quote:
By Laura Vozzella November 18, 2013
Two weeks after losing his bid for Virginia governor, Ken Cuccinelli II said that the failings of the new health-care law will make Sen. Mark R. Warner vulnerable next year in a contest the attorney general did not rule out.

In his first interview since Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeated him to become the state’s 72nd governor, Cuccinelli (R) said Monday that although he has no current plans to run, he finds the idea of challenging Warner “tempting” because of the troubled rollout of the federal health-care law, which the Democratic senator supported.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 152, 153, 154 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 153 of 457

Jump to: