myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
boggs said:
Quote:
Holy cow Technoo..."quite a bit of support"...He's at 33% in the latest Gallup,

Is this the same poll that said Hillary was going to win? I put little faith in ANY poll.

predictable response from a true Republican. When the polls look good --brag
when the polls look terrible--discredit them... Frankly I'm surprised that 33% of Americans support the toddler-in-chief...

BTW Technoo..Gallup had Hillary winning by 3points, she won the popular vote(which is what polls poll--u know, humans), by 2.1points, so they were right.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's world series game offered a great idea.

The NFL should have a policeman, or woman, sing the National Anthem for the foreseeable future, just to see which players will still take a knee, in the face of that singer.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never pushed the results of any poll. As I said, I put little faith in any poll, liberal or conservative. I think many have an agenda and manipulate by how the questions are asked and what market they question. Some legit, some not, so I remain skeptical.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polls are important in a democracy...a democratic vote is a poll. Gallup has been in the poll business forever, they are good at it. Today, their poll states that 34% of those polled approve of the job the Toddler In Chief is doing. Frankly , I'm surprised the number is that high, but I also know there is a block of voters who will support the blowhard no matter what....So, your original quote "quite a bit of support" , might be accurate for the Hannity/Fox and Friends crowd, but across the country, it's not the case, at all.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the continuing boorishness of the President, and particularly for those who believe in an afterlife, I don't believe cringing discharges your civic responsibilities.

Techno said:

Quote:
The President steps in "it" at every turn, which gives the left the opportunity to highlight his shortcoming every day. I cringe all the time, but nevertheless, he is trying to push through his promised platform and that's why he still has quite a bit of support.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
For the continuing boorishness of the President, and particularly for those who believe in an afterlife, I don't believe cringing discharges your civic responsibilities.

So what do you think I should be doing to meet my civic responsibilities? The left seems to think that crying, bitching, complaining, protesting and obstructing are their civic responsibilities. I will vote when the time comes for those that I believe will stick to the platforms that I think are best for the US.

boggs said:
Quote:
Today, their poll states that 34% of those polled approve of the job the Toddler In Chief is doing.

A better question would be - "Knowing what you do now, would you have voted differently in the election?" I believe there are lots that don't approve, but wouldn't change their vote.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
mac said:
Quote:

So what do you think I should be doing to meet my civic responsibilities? The left seems to think that crying, bitching, complaining, protesting and obstructing are their civic responsibilities. I will vote when the time comes for those that I believe will stick to the platforms that I think are best for the US.

boggs said:
Quote:
Today, their poll states that 34% of those polled approve of the job the Toddler In Chief is doing.

A better question would be - "Knowing what you do now, would you have voted differently in the election?" I believe there are lots that don't approve, but wouldn't change their vote.

Terribly sad and cynical comment. Trump promised to clear the swamp--and installed crooked billionaires. Very few presidents have had appointees indicted--much less three in less than a year. Trump has done absolutely nothing for the poor--except con them.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

posts on general i mean col Klinks racist position on the civil war...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-officially-done-john-kelly-091449841.html

People Are Officially Done With John Kelly After His 'Absurd' Civil War Comments

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUTH Africa’s parliament has voted in favour of a motion that will begin the process of amending the country’s Constitution to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation.

The motion was brought by Julius Malema, leader of the radical Marxist opposition party the Economic Freedom Fighters, and passed overwhelmingly by 241 votes to 83 against. The only parties who did not support the motion were the Democratic Alliance, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the African Christian Democratic Party.

It was amended but supported by the ruling African National Congress and new president Cyril Ramaphosa, who made land expropriation a key pillar of his policy platform after taking over from ousted PM Jacob Zuma earlier this month.

“The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice,” Mr Malema was quoted by News24 as telling parliament. “We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.”
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
SOUTH Africa’s parliament has voted in favour of a motion that will begin the process of amending the country’s Constitution to allow for the confiscation of white-owned land without compensation.

The motion was brought by Julius Malema, leader of the radical Marxist opposition party the Economic Freedom Fighters, and passed overwhelmingly by 241 votes to 83 against. The only parties who did not support the motion were the Democratic Alliance, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the African Christian Democratic Party.

It was amended but supported by the ruling African National Congress and new president Cyril Ramaphosa, who made land expropriation a key pillar of his policy platform after taking over from ousted PM Jacob Zuma earlier this month.

“The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice,” Mr Malema was quoted by News24 as telling parliament. “We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.”

Kiss that country goodbye. Morons will run one of the most beautiful places on earth into the ground.
Lots of my friends just came back from the King of the Air contest down there and said it was an amazing but scary place if traveling around. One friend said he saw two dead bodies along the road on one trip to a remote beach. Lots of signs on the highway warning to never stop , keep moving. NO THANKS

Last edited by mat-ty on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 319, 320, 321 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 320 of 457

Jump to: