myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:
Techno
I agree that we need a well trained workforce to keep wages high. Since you are a Trumpie. Tell me what the Donald has done about that.

The real elephant in the room regarding manufacturing jobs is the cost of health care in this country that is attached to every product produced here. Let's see. How does "trumpcare" address that issue?

Anyone out there expect Trump to solve ALL the problems that confront our country? Given the enormous resistance from the left, it's truly amazing that Trump has accomplished as much as he has. He keeps chipping away at his agenda and is doing better than anyone expected (debatable).

Look, Trump wasn't my guy, but ultimately having to choose between Trump or Hillary, the choice was a no brainer for conservatives. We got him now, so raining on the parade only services the frustration of the left.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:
Techno
I agree that we need a well trained workforce to keep wages high. Since you are a Trumpie. Tell me what the Donald has done about that.

The real elephant in the room regarding manufacturing jobs is the cost of health care in this country that is attached to every product produced here. Let's see. How does "trumpcare" address that issue?

Anyone out there expect Trump to solve ALL the problems that confront our country? Given the enormous resistance from the left, it's truly amazing that Trump has accomplished as much as he has. He keeps chipping away at his agenda and is doing better than anyone expected (debatable).

Look, Trump wasn't my guy, but ultimately having to choose between Trump or Hillary, the choice was a no brainer for conservatives. We got him now, so raining on the parade only services the frustration of the left.

Techno

I think that answer is a copout. The issue is if the long term strategy that Trump is proposing and implementing... large tax cuts for businesses and long term tax increases for individuals along with robust tariffs... is good for the economy and jobs.

The other issue is "how good is it now?". One number, unemployment, looks great. Other numbers, such as work force participation doesn't so well.

I listened to you guys complain for years about how Obama's job production was all meaningless. To some extent, I agreed. But, you can't have it both ways. All the good is because of Trump and all the bad is because of Obama.

Keep in mind that some of the biggest expenses that we are obligated to pay are a result of the GOP (The wars in the mideast and Medicare Part D come to mind).

Every time one of us (liberals in your mind) make a criticism of Trump it is because we don't like him. It doesn't matter what data we back it up with. It's like arguing religion with a zealot.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that Trump, or the Republicans, simplified the tax code is laughable. Nothing could be further from the truth. In the end, the new tax code is simply a huge windfall for corporations and the rich.

You have to wonder how short the feds will be on needed tax receipts to fund the government. As the deficit and debt grows into the future, it will all be on Trump and the Republicans. Into the future, you just watch, Republicans will again start angling to attack Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid because we can't afford them anymore.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Given the enormous resistance from the left, it's truly amazing that Trump has accomplished as much as he has."

What a pantload! I think that you are conveniently forgetting that Republicans control both houses of congress and the presidency. Also, given the fact that McConnell changed the rules of the Senate, Republicans can approve all of Trump's nominations to his administration and the courts with a simple majority.

For a laugh, why don't you tell me how the Democrats are controlling anything in a substantive way, and how they are mounting such enormous resistance.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"Given the enormous resistance from the left, it's truly amazing that Trump has accomplished as much as he has."

What a pantload! I think that you are conveniently forgetting that Republicans control both houses of congress and the presidency. Also, given the fact that McConnell changed the rules of the Senate, Republicans can approve all of Trump's nominations to his administration and the courts with a simple majority.

For a laugh, why don't you tell me how the Democrats are controlling anything in a substantive way, and how they are mounting such enormous resistance.

I saw that as well...add the Governor-ships and righty courts and saying the "enormous resistance" of the left would be like saying my NY Giants offered enormous resistance to the Eagles this past year....Or I offered enormous resistance to the 3.7 winds and mast high rollers under the Gate.on Saturday...
techno900

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing I can say or that you (gang on the left) can say that will change or impact anything other than the limited entertainment of exchanging this dialogue.

All I can say is that we will have to wait and see how it all turns out. So far, Trump seems to be pleasing more righties than most would have speculated, so the future may not be as predictable as the left would like to believe. At least I will have some say in who will be next to take the reins.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Nothing I can say or that you (gang on the left) can say that will change or impact anything other than the limited entertainment of exchanging this dialogue.

All I can say is that we will have to wait and see how it all turns out. So far, Trump seems to be pleasing more righties than most would have speculated, so the future may not be as predictable as the left would like to believe. At least I will have some say in who will be next to take the reins.

100% right...but at least you provided me with some comedy relief by suggesting that my feeble Democratic party offers "enormous resistance "...
now that's funny!
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "enormous resistance from the left" is the main stream media 24/7 ever since the day he was elected, and it continues.
The dems in office are realizing that staying on the "resistance" movement may not be a winning strategy, so they have been backing off lately. The perceived "blue wave" has been turning purple.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
The "enormous resistance from the left" is the main stream media 24/7 ever since the day he was elected, and it continues.
The dems in office are realizing that staying on the "resistance" movement may not be a winning strategy, so they have been backing off lately. The perceived "blue wave" has been turning purple.

Another good laugh...thanks NW...you're now king of the snowflakes....omg...
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, it's so predicable that you would categorize the free press as the "enormous resistance from the left". You have to remember that the news and commentary coming the free press is largely focusing on what Donald Trump says and how he has been conducting himself as president. Just the wealth of lies and deception regularly being spewed by Trump guarantees a critical and often negative focus on his questionable statements and actions.

How anyone with half a brain can look the other way and think that Trump is great for America is a terribly sad state of affairs. While many in the free press valiantly attempt to inform and enlighten the witless, the "alternate facts", misinformation and propaganda coming from Fox News, right wing internet sources and talk radio are providing a cocoon of sorts to wash out and ignore reality. This cocoon world is arguably like a crippling drug addiction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 338 of 457

Jump to: