myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

So. When you, or Malibu, claim these insults by Maher, or Colbert, are, somehow equal to the insult by Roseanne, it is showing a basic misunderstanding, or insensitivity, to the plights of blacks in this country. That's my point.

Are you sure you want to go there?
It sounds like you think racist humor (Roseanne) is worse than homophobic humor (Colbert), I wouldn't be willing to walk out onto that thin ice, you're on your own with that one.

In America, where slaves were recognized as less than a person in the Constitution to give the South more power, you can't see the utter inappropriate nature of racial insults and slurs? What part of growing up in America did you miss?
nw30

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You too? Fine.
I'm not willing to go there, they are both equally bad.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor man wants to be rich, rich man wants to be king!

Trump will destroy himself and possibly our country along the way!
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Matty

No. I completely disagree.

You can call a white person an ape. It is NOT the same as calling a black person an ape. Because there is a history in this country of using ape as a racial slur. A way to put down blacks as being less human and, therefore, exploitable.

So. When you, or Malibu, claim these insults by Maher, or Colbert, are, somehow equal to the insult by Roseanne, it is showing a basic misunderstanding, or insensitivity, to the plights of blacks in this country. That's my point.

You may think it's clever to use terms like "jump shot" in describing Obama. But, that would not be understanding the history of basketball leagues that did not allow black players.

You may think "half breed" is also cute. Doesn't mean anything right? To you...maybe. To a black person it means something different. It is a way to use race as another way to diminish the value of a human over something he cannot change.

If I am "overly sensitive" by your standards, it is meaningless to me. Because you, quite simply, do not want to educate yourself about this issue.

You seem to struggle with comprehension COBO. I hope you're a better rider than reader. I get the ape thing shithead and have made ZERO attempts to defend it. I also don't deny my name calling. Again read before you criticize or you will continue to make an ass of yourself
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

It sounds like you think racist humor (Roseanne) is worse than homophobic humor (Colbert), I wouldn't be willing to walk out onto that thin ice, you're on your own with that one.

In America, where slaves were recognized as less than a person in the Constitution to give the South more power, you can't see the utter inappropriate nature of racial insults and slurs? What part of growing up in America did you miss?

You mean the white slaves who were owned by blacks? Or, the very 1st slave owner in America, a black man?
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

You mean the white slaves who were owned by blacks? Or, the very 1st slave owner in America, a black man?

Where do you get this shit, Alex Jones? Rush Limbaugh? Or directly from Roseanne Barr? Crazy shit.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maher was fired for a political analogy from ABC. That show was the best political show I ever watched. He was amazing in it. But his HBO stuff I can not watch.

Rush has been a racist and hater, feminazi hater, attacking President's children appearances for 30 years and he is number 1. ya he was fired from espn but ...

again trump the racist did not condemn Roseanne. He said the network was hypocritical for not calling and apologizing to him because he is the real white victim. So again he supported his racist base.

nw30

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someday, maybe, Dean will learn how to shrink the size of his pics
so that the format of this forum doesn't always get fucked up, but I'm not
holding my breath.
I altered my post so that it could be read w/o horizontal scrolling.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

You're right. Colbert should have been canned. Which is what I said at the time.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Matty

No. I completely disagree.

You can call a white person an ape. It is NOT the same as calling a black person an ape. Because there is a history in this country of using ape as a racial slur. A way to put down blacks as being less human and, therefore, exploitable.

You may think it's clever to use terms like "jump shot" in describing Obama. But, that would not be understanding the history of basketball leagues that did not allow black players.

You may think "half breed" is also cute. Doesn't mean anything right? To you...maybe. To a black person it means something different. It is a way to use race as another way to diminish the value of a human over something he cannot change.

If I am "overly sensitive" by your standards, it is meaningless to me. Because you, quite simply, do not want to educate yourself about this issue.

You seem to struggle with comprehension COBO. I hope you're a better rider than reader. I get the ape thing shithead and have made ZERO attempts to defend it. I also don't deny my name calling. Again read before you criticize or you will continue to make an ass of yourself

Yet, you continue to use slurs like "half breed" and "jump shot" as well as "chink". I gave you opportunity to retract them when I provided historical context. Your answer is to use them again to piss me off. Then call me overly sensitive.

So. Matty. I have a difficult time taking you seriously. Why do you need to use a racial term when you comment about someone you don't like? You don't have to use "chink" when discussing the Chinese unfair trade practices. It just comes across as you hating Chinese and, frankly, I dismiss it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 339, 340, 341 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 340 of 457

Jump to: